WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

On To The Next One...

Day 24/31

In high school, I was always very envious of those dudes who seemed to get all the girls. The dudes who would go from girl to girl in the span of like 2 weeks. Those dudes seem to have it all and they seemed to be really happy. As I've gotten older, I've been surrounded by a lot of different types of people and one of them being those dudes who get girl after girl after girl. On one hand...they're THE dude...the guy who can get any girl he wants. On the other hand...he's that dude who can't stay committed or hold down a relationship. Which is where this leads me to...I'm very close to this one guy...who is seeking really hard for a relationship...and he gets girls...he dates them for a short period of time...from a few weeks to like a month or two and then it's over...majority of the time it's the girl that tells him it's not working out or he's not what she was looking for. Now that brings me to 2 different aspects...one...as great an fun as this dude's life seems to be, it isn't. Two, it boggles my mind how girls will go for these guys knowing fully the kinda guys they are and when it doesn't work out they're like oh, oh well. But I'm not here to talk about the second area, but more so the first. I know this guy, I've seen this guy...he's a genuine dude...but when it comes to relationship, I don't necessarily agree with his philosophy and methods of like oh if it doesn't work out move on right away. That's why these things never last with him...in the span of let's say 6 months...he's probably dated (went on dates with/kinda dated) 6-8 girls...I'm talking either went on numerous dates with or was pretty much dating without calling it dating. Like that's not the way to live man...from the outside perspective...that's a fun life...no strings attached, you look like that guy who gets girls...but when you're that close to the person...you see the kinda emptiness or unsure feeling in their face of how come these things don't last...is it me...but you mask it by finding another girl...like c'mon man. Whenever these things end...I always ask him are you okay...and he's like yeah of course...it wasn't anything any ways...on to the next one right. But when he's in the relationships with them...it seems borderline serious and stuff and I can tell he's kinda happy. So I dunno...I feel for him...being one of those guys who used to be envious of this kinda life...I see the emptiness inside of all his manly-ness and such. It hurts me cuz this dude is really close to me and I've warned him numerous times about the dangers of this kinda lifestyle but he doesn't seem to listen...he's too fixated on the final result of dating and finding the one and such. And as much as I've been talking about relationships lately and how it would be really nice to be in one and find a girl to be with...these kinds of situations strongly turn me off and make me wanna be patient and to wait because I see the pain and emptiness that can come along with it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment