WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, December 15, 2014

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Day 15/31

A very special day...because today mark's the FIFTH birthday of this blog...wow. I know I usually make a super big deal of this and do something special for you guys, this year I really got nothing lol. I've been so busy with exams and such...past couple years I haven't had many or any exams so I had lots of time, this year I'm not even done exams yet, got one tomorrow too lol. But wow...5 years...when I think back...I think about just the evolution of this blog. The phrase quality over quantity is right now how I would describe the progress and transition of this blog. In 2011, what I like to call the breakout year of this blog...I posted over 1600 times...that's like 4-5 times A DAY lol. But back then...it was a lot of random things...music videos, funny videos, pictures, hardly any words from myself, barely any real, raw emotions and feelings. As the years passed by, this blog grew and evolved...the things that I posted and talked about changed dramatically, I gave you guys more of me. Come 2013...there was 386 posts...a big difference from the 1600+ posts in 2011, barely getting a post in per day. But over the years...you've seen less random videos, music videos, just random content...more words...more of my thoughts and my feelings and my opinions and perspectives. Present day...you know that I've struggled greatly to put out posts consistently lol...but when I do post...you know every word I say is from the heart...it means something. I say quality over quantity cuz that's what it really has been...from starting this blog, posting anything that caught my attention to really slimming and dumbing it down to purely my own thoughts, my own content, my own feelings. I like where this is blog right now...I could go a whole year without advertising my blog on facebook, twitter, whatever...and I know people will still visit it, not even in a bragging kinda way,but it's like...I know people...some people at least...wanna hear or see what I have to say or what's on my mind, which is cool yet crazy at the same time. The thought used to cross my mind...oh man, I wonder where this blog will take me, what if I become famous...like all it takes is one celebrity to see my blog and share it or tweet it or whatever and boom I'll be famous. I definitely had that thought linger in my mind a lot over the years. But as of late...yeah it is something that I keep in the back of my head, but it's more of a what if...these days....I do this for myself...as a way to express and vent cuz it feels good...to write it out, to let out all your emotions and feelings onto a piece of paper or onto a blank screen. I do this for you...the reader, who's stuck by me through these 5 years and seen be grow...or for you the reader, who pops in occasionally whenever my link pops up on your screen...or for you, the new reader, wondering who I am...and what the heck I'm rambling about lol. I wish I took screenshots of the blog cuz I've changed the layout I think like once or twice...just to see what it was like before cuz I honestly don't remember. When the blog started...it was for fun, a hobby...like a side chick. Now...this blog has become my baby, my ride or die...something I care a great deal about and would be just distraught if it were taken away. At the same time...I know this won't last forever...or who knows...I know there may possibly be a day where I shut this blog down...or where it gets taken away...or where life and personal matters may force me to not do this anymore...I'm not saying I'm preparing myself for that day...I'm saying as much as I love this blog and love doing this...I'm not investing 100% into this because there's a possibility it may not last. But don't get me wrong...for the time that I am here, for the time that I am young...I'm giving you guys 150% of me...even the time that I don't have...cuz you deserve it for sticking with me thus far. This has honestly become such a passion, priority and love in my life...I honestly can't wait to see what the future has in store for me and for this blog...and know for sure, I'm going to take you along the ride with me. Thank you for the memories, thank you for the support...thank you for 5 years of the best you never heard,

Nothing but love,
Rodmond

No comments:

Post a Comment