WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Only Things That Matter

Day 11/31

A lot of these posts come at spur of the moment times...I still haven't been able to get to the posts that I have on my phone lol, these posts seem more important for right now. You may or may not like the fact that I'm writing posts everyday...but that doesn't matter. You may or may not be a supporter or visitor of this blog...but that doesn't matter. Heck, you may or may not even like me as an individual...but that doesn't matter. Ask yourself...the things that you're worried about right now...will they matter in a year? In 5 years? In 10 years? I challenge you guys to think of the most important things in your life...not your phone or your car...unless they do matter that much, but like deep down what are the most important things in your life...the only real things that matter...realistically, the list shouldn't be long...you should be able to count it on one hand, for most of you at least. But for me...it's simple...my faith, putting God in front of everything and reminding myself of all the blessings I have in my life...my family, my blood, who've seen and known me since birth...and lastly...yep, only 3 things...well maybe you can slip basketball into there LOL...but lastly, my friends...what else, my ride or dies, my support system, the ones who get me through tough times and who I trust my deepest goals, secrets and desires with. This is just something I've been thinking about amidst all the stress and studying...yeah it plays a role in my future and jobs and stuff...but when people place it above certain things in their life and make it like their sole objective to be successful or be wealthy...I admire your passion and dedication, but will it last? Even in the toughest times...the 3 things I listed...the ONLY things that really matter to me...they'll get me through everything...every hurdle, every trial, every test...every triumph and every failure...my God, my family and my friends will not only get me there, but they'll be with me every step of the way encouraging me, ready to lend a hand if I need it. I laugh right now...just thinking about all the times in the past I've stressed over things that I eventually got over...failed courses, stolen items, rejection and just any other sorts of trouble...I got over all of it...none of it matters now, heck I can barely even remember half of my struggles. What are the only things that matter in YOUR life? Check yo'selffffff...

No comments:

Post a Comment