WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Be Yourself, Be-You-Ti-Ful!

Day 13/31

Early posts cuz I just finished my exam and I'm feeeeeeelin' good...and inspired.

J. Cole says in one of his songs to be yourself...that's why they call it be-you-ti-ful (beautiful)...

All my life, it's always been what other people think...especially when you enter high school that becomes like the hierarchy...what people think of you = how cool or how popular you are. For a lot or at least most of my life, again I was moreso outside looking in...striving, yeah striving LOL...striving to climb that hierarchy. Oh what does this girl think of me, what does this guy think of me...what does this cool kid think of me, etc, etc. I know a lot of my posts lately have been surrounding girls and relationships, though it is something I've definitely been thinking a lot about, I promise that this is not what the majority of this post is about. It's about being patient of course when it comes to finding the right girl for you...but moreso being yourself. Not changing yourself to get a girl to like you...or to get ANYONE to like you. All my life...as early as elementary school...I've always tried to get people to like me...girls, the cool kids, even random people just so I could have more friends. Sometimes I fit in with the cool kids, but where does that really get you when you don't feel comfortable or you can't be yourself in your own supposed circle of friends. As I've grown up...like one of the previous post talks about...none of this ish matters. It doesn't matter what people think of you, how they view you...and all that nonsense. That's one of the biggest reasons I love being so active on this blog and on twitter...and that's one of the reasons I don't like to censor myself, especially to please people. Cuz it's like...all I can be is me...all I know is me...all I SHOULD be is me...from how I talk, what I say and how I present myself. Whether that results in people liking me, so be it...if not, s'all GUCCI. Whether that results in girls finding my attractive...s'all GUCCI...cuz I know, which goes back to the whole patience thing...that in due time...I will find a girl who can and will accept me for who I am, flaws and all. I think back to high school days or just the days where I would try so hard to get people to like me...from the words I said, how I said them...to how I carried myself as a man. Legit tho...all I can be is me...from what I talk about...how I say it...and how I carry myself...those who do accept me for who I am are the only ones that I really need to be concerning myself with, am I right? Man...I feel like as I've gotten older...I've definitely matured and am able to look back at my life and be like damn...you were dumb...or that was dumb...or why'd you do that...the evolution into a man I guess eh?

2 comments: