WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, December 15, 2014

Blood's Thicker Than Water

Day 14/31

Refer to previous post, sorry for being late, I count this as day 14...kudos if you're up this late reading this atm...

Ever since I was a kid, my dad would ALWAYS say...you and your brother gotta watch out for each other, you're the only brother each of you has, never let anyone disrespect you, your brother or your family. I've always wanted to have a tight knit family...as in like all my aunts and uncles and ish gathering and me being close with my cousins...but that's never happened. As I've gotten older, one thing I promised myself is to always be close and remain connected with my brother. I don't wanna be those siblings who grow up, start a family and not talk to your sibling for years. I've always told myself I want my kids to have what I didn't have, I want them to know their aunts and uncles...to be close with their cousins. My brother is my only brother...his kids are the only cousins my kids will have...and I want them to be close...they don't have to be best friends, but at least friends. I can't even say I'm friends with my cousins cuz I hardly see them. As much as I rag on my brother and get annoyed at him...that's my brother, that's family, that's blood...I would ride...and I would die for my brother. My brother has ALWAYS taken care of my when it counts...getting things for me when I'm sick, massaging my back when I hurt it, and a bunch of little things that I take for granted like getting me a drink from timmies on his way home from work, picking me up stuff from his work that I need...little things. That's my brother man...I can never hate him...we family, you never turn your back on family.

No comments:

Post a Comment