WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, December 12, 2014

Setting The Bar

Day 12/31

Life is already hard enough when it comes to things like starting an essay, asking a girl out or trying to arrange furniture in your house (very random examples I know)...it doesn't get any easier when you have to follow standards/expectations of your friends and you begin comparing yourself and your ideas and your life to theirs. I'm the kinda guy who before I do something likes to ask my friend just to see what he or she would do in that situation, then I'll kinda compare myself or use their example as like the bar that's been raised and I'll always go back to that or I'll take from that and try to add my own flavour...that's not creative at all. I'll give you an example...take for instance like asking a girl out, I'm the kinda guy who would like ask my friend oh well what would you do, what would you say, how would you say it...and all that kinda ish and immediately give myself unnecessary pressure and expectations to live up to. When in reality, I should be setting my own expectations and going by my own flow you know what I'm saying. I mean, it's okay to ask for advice or get an opinion, but when it's to the point where it's always what you do in every single situation...it's like can you even think for yourself...or like can you not act on your own or be creative? That's definitely something I've been working on...to recognize, sure...it's okay to ask for advice or opinions on what my friends would do in certain situations,but not to use their examples as like the standard that I must follow or something you know, legit not sure where I'm going with this...just something I noticed about myself that I like to do, I'm not sure about you. I def have friends who will like talk to numerous friends just to get numerous points of views and numerous expectations that they can follow and kinda take from...they'll take like a bit from each and just add it onto their own...now where's the creativity in that? And...that's also plagiarism too, in life...yes you can plagiarize in life, don't do it homie.

2 comments:

  1. stop plagiarizing life, RT. :P if you let the experience come to you naturally, you'll develop your own vibe and rhythm. don't allow yourself to set that invisible bar - because you know you wouldn't have had any trouble leaping over it to begin with.

    go get the girl & show her the best you never heard yo.

    ReplyDelete