WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, January 25, 2013

Small Fish In A Big Pond...

So funny story lol, when I was in grade 9...me and my 2 friends decided to try out for the ultimate frisbee team because we liked to play it lol...so all of us made it past the first tryout and were asked to go to the second tryout...my 2 other friends were on the basketball team at the time though as well...so I remember one morning tryout, the basketball coach comes in and looks at my two friends and goes hey, you're not allowed to try out cuz it's gonna conflict with ball lol so they both left and left me alone by myself...keep in mind I was in grade 9, new to high school, didn't know anybody else in the tryout cuz they were all older, didn't know the coach...was so scared lol. I remember after one tryout, he came to me and told me that he was taking a select few who had a good chance of making the team to an indoor tournament and asked if I was interested and of course I said yes lol. The tournament and I got to meet lots of people lol, I met people from the ultimate team last year, I got to know the coach better and some of the girls on the team who were also on the volleyball team lol. Me and the coach got to know each other really well though lol cuz I think he was really worried for me because I was the only grade 9 so he kept asking how I was and if I needed anything and stuff...I remember the tournament ending super late, like 5 ish...keep in mind it's winter...so our bus broke down apparently, so we were stuck in the tournament place, just us and another team. So we swung a ride on the same bus as the other team...didn't get back to our school till like 8 ish and the coach was like are you okay, are your parents gonna be worried and stuff lol...got back to school and he asked if I wanted a ride home lol cuz it was snowing too...I was like it's okay I live across the school...and he was like are you sure, I can drive you anyways...lol but I just walked hahaha....grade 9 ultimate was definitely a fun experience...met lots of people, got to know the coach...played ultimate all 4 years of high school...too fun, I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment