WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Here Comes A New Challenger

Day 12/31

I recall two different conversations with two different friends and they both surrounded this idea of being too comfortable and not being challenged enough. I think being comfortable is a good thing but there is such a thing as being too comfortable. I think it varies from person to person, some people hate being comfortable and constantly need change and to be challenged. For me, I enjoy comfort, it’s safe and it’s familiar. I’m so used to picking the choice that’s easier, that’s comfortable and familiar because I know what to do, I know how it goes. I think this is the first time I’ve truly felt being comfortable as being a bad thing. I’ve probably felt it before, but it’s been becoming more and more evident as of late. Being in a place for such a long time, knowing all the ins and outs, knowing all the faces and having all the faces know you. I keep thinking of this idea of not being challenged, and if you’re not being challenged, you’re always going to be stuck in the same place, never growing or moving forward. You always want to be growing in some sort of way, I hope. I think of some couples that break up or get divorced because things get too comfortable and there’s no change, it gets too stagnant and in a sense “boring”. But also don’t get me wrong some people make it work. This is just me spitting from both sides because I’ve been so used to seeing comfort as a good thing that now that it’s kinda hitting me, it’s weird. I think when it comes to school, church, work...you always wanna be challenged, otherwise it’s the same thing everyday, it becomes a routine and it becomes boring and you’re never moving forward, you’re always stuck in the same place. It’s like the movie Groundhog Day if you know it, it’s a really old movie but essentially the dude keeps reliving the same day over and over and experiences the same things over and over again. So yeah, that’s all I got for today, see y’all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment