WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Giving Respect, Getting Respect, Earning Respect...

So like 2 years ago, I think...I went on a cruise with my fam for a week...I played for like every single day, every single night, till like 1-2 am...it was so fun. Now I'm not the best baller out there, I'm like adequate at best...but I do pride myself on working hard and working harder than my opponent. So I remember playing 2 on 2 with these dudes I had met, 2 were brothers and one was their friend...we were playing and stuff and all these kids on the cruise were much younger than me for some reason...but they didn't look like it...I guess that's just Americans for you lol. Anyways...a bunch of kids walk up like a group like 6-7...and you ever get that feeling...of seeing someone and you're like...wow that guy is just cocky as heck, he thinks a lot of himself...do you ever get that vibe from someone? Anyways...of that big group...3 guys stepped up and asked to play us 3 on 3...2 white guys and one black guy. So me and the 2 brothers were like sure and we played them. I was right on point about them being cocky as heck...they were talking so much ish, I was guarding the black guy and this guy was a bit taller than me, but like I said all these guys were younger than I was...they talked sooooo much trash...but in the end, it was a super close game with us coming out on top...despite all their boys and girls cheering them on. It just made me think about how some people think they automatically step into a room and demand/deserve respect when they haven't done anything yet. Our game got heated...I almost scrapped the black guy...anyways...after the game, we won...the rest of the trip...whenever I saw those guys...they would acknowledge me and say what up and dap me...because they respected me...cuz I didn't back down from them. If they had walked in and we talked and stuff it would've been cool...but they walked in with this attitude of being better than us...that we're lowly or something...so we had to earn their respect. That's one of my favourite memories of that year probably lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment