WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, January 31, 2013

From The Heart: Obsessing Over God's Will

In CCF today, my first time going in a long time...near the end, this one girl stepped up to speak and close off. She began talking about God's will and how sometimes we obsess over it. Automatically my attention zeroed in as if this was directed towards me solely. She talked about how a lot of the times we obsess over oh what's going to happen to me in the future, what's my purpose in life, what's God's plans for me, what's His will for me, if only I can get a glimpse into it, etc. Right away, I thought to myself, holy...this is exactly what I've been struggling with as of late. She talked about how God will reveal all this to us in due time...IN HIS TIME, when He feels we are ready He will slowly reveal it to us. She said how God is GOOD, He will forsake us. How we need to trust in HIM, believe in HIM. That He is Sovereign, Creator and that He is in control, we don't have to worry, He's got this. To trust in Him and lean not on our own understanding, but to use that time instead of stressing to love God more, know Him more, encounter Him...to do what He has called us to...love our neighbours, the people around us, sharing God's Word to them. This was just a real smack in the face and an eye opener to me...that God always has His ways of speaking to me and telling me...RELAX, I'VE GOT THIS, I've never let you down and I never will. All this stress and worry about God's will for me...is pointless, HE is in control, to worry and to stress is to doubt and not trust Him...today was just exactly what I needed...God is in control and always has a way with telling you just what you need to hear and just the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment