WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Act Your Age

Day 30/31

Wow we’re almost there...I’m super happy I ended up posting (pretty much) everyday. As of late my boys and I have been talking about the fact that we’re all 26, turning 27 next year and it’s somewhat of a crazy, surreal and scary feeling. The cool thing about life is that in the same way that you never stop growing, you also never stop learning. I’m constantly learning new things about myself, my friends, life, love, relationships, you name it, I’m constantly learning and I don’t think it’ll ever stop. It’s funny cuz my boys and I have this joke where we tell each other to act your age whenever we’re doing something dumb or immature lol. It’s funny cuz I find myself talking about a lot of grown up things as of late...moving out, getting married, buying a car, getting your own place, you name it. It’s easy to feel like you’re being left behind or moving too slow when you see people your age or younger doing those things like getting married or moving out and stuff, but similarly you also see people your age or older in similar stages as you, still grinding and still trying to figure things out. I’m just reminded that everyone moves at their own pace, but we’re all going to reach the finish line eventually...and if you’re a person who cares about being able to say you’re ahead or that you’ve made it before somebody else than so be it, but it’s okay to “be slower”, I’d rather say it’s okay to move at your own pace, to move at your own sense of urgency. Don’t feel the need to rush or play catch up to someone else because that might not be your speed or your path, do you. Till tomorrow, see y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment