WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Same City, Same Friends If You’re Looking For Me

Day 22/31

Shoutout to Drake for the title...today was such a great reminder that your level of friendship isn’t determined by how often you see or talk to someone. I know I’ve already written about this but today was such a healthy reminder. My friend and I literally grew up in church together...probably known him for over 10 years. One of my oldest friends who’s seen and done it all with me. From playing video games in my basement for hours, to basketball, to girls. We’d talk about girls...a lot...when’re we gonna find the one, where’s she at, so on and so forth. This year he got engaged and he’s getting married next year and I’m so happy for him. Seeing him take that next step, thinking back to all those conversations we had together about this moment, that girl, waiting and waiting. It’s super cool to not see somebody for such a long time and know that nothings changed. How we see each other, how we talk to one another and our level of friendship hasn’t changed just cuz we don’t see each other or talk to each other on a consistent basis. These are the friendships that I know will stand the test of time and it makes me super happy knowing I’ll have a brother like that in my life. Till tomorrow, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment