WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Just Be Yourself

Day 5/31

So I was watching one of Timothy Dela Ghetto’s vlogs, if you don’t know who he is he’s my favourite youtuber and he’s somebody I’ve been watching since high school. I just love who he is and his perspectives and philosophies. He’s super down to earth and relatable. So anyways he was talking about going to certain jobs or interviews and it’s funny how sometimes you think you killed it but you don’t hear back from them whereas other times you think you messed up but they still call you back. It goes to show like you never know what people are looking for. I also took it as a reminder to just be yourself...because you never know what people are looking for, you’re never gonna do yourself any favours trying to do or be something/someone you’re not. All you can really do is be yourself and hope for the best. Like in a more relatable context...I’ve been on dates with girls or have been talking/seeing a girl for a while and thought to myself damn that went well or wow this is going really well and next thing you know she stops replying or tells you that it just isn’t working out. Other times...and this is a true story, I’ve been on dates where I didn’t think it went well or didn’t think they were feeling me so I went ghost and stopped messaging them and they ended up hitting me up and asking me out again. Again, like you’re not gonna do yourself any favours pretending to be someone you’re not...you never know what people are looking for and what works or what doesn’t work. Just be yourself. Reminds me the old tag line for the blog...a lyric from J. Cole...”be yourself thats why they call it be-you-tiful!” Till tomorrow...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment