WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, December 24, 2018

My Best & Worst Christmas Gifts

Day 23/31

So with today being Christmas Eve, I figured why not take a stroll down memory lane and go through some of the best and worst Christmas gifts I’ve gotten over the years. I think my parents have always been the ones to give me the best gifts, for one I don’t have many relatives here and the ones I do are pretty cheap lol. Hands down one of the best gifts I’ve ever gotten from my parents are a pair of shoes. They weren’t Jordan’s or Yeezy’s or anything since I was in like elementary school and didn’t even know what that was. They were the brand called Brooks and they were a simple black and white shoe, but I loved it, it was so fire back at that time even tho I’m pretty sure it was some Walmart or Winners type brand lol. Nowadays my parents just give me money cuz it’s easier and my dad will like throw in a dress shirt or a scarf or some random item here and there cuz they know I’d rather shop for myself anyways. One of the worst gifts I’ve ever gotten is from one of my aunts/uncles. It’s funny cuz they’re pretty well off family but they’re known for being cheap and giving bad gifts, I guess that’s how you stay rich am I right? So one Christmas they gave me this dope dragon ball shirt and I was like yoooo sick, dragon ball is sick. Then I remember someone pointing out to me that it had looked worn, then I realized that they had gifted me hand me downs...old clothes my cousin used to wear...BRUHHH. One time that same aunt/uncle gifted me a designer belt and I was like wow, this is surprising...an expensive gift. And my mom looks at me like bruh are you dumb, it’s probably from an outlet, ain’t no way they’re spending that kinda money on you lol and I was like oh true you right. Lemme tell you another time from the same family, so they gave me this like remote control car or something and my cousin was like yoooo open it, let’s try it out and stuff. So even tho it was my gift, for some reason I let him try it first and I remember he broke it and I was soooo cheesed like bruh. In my head I was like it was probs a cheap gift but I was more so cheesed that I didn’t get to try it out. Aside from money, my parents mostly gifted me clothes which were either hit or miss tbh lol. My brother and I probably gave each other the eBay gifts cuz we’d honestly just ask each other what we wanted. Or something that we’d do a lot is order online from random stores and we’d tell the other person oh pick out a few things and we’ll order them together, those were really good times and good gifts cuz we got to choose exactly what we wanted. This one family didn’t even bother trying, instead of giving us gifts they just gave us this big gift basket of like random chocolates and cookies and stuff, which was okay I guess but like bruh LOL. Anyways...even tho I’m sharing about gifts, we all know that’s not what Christmas is really about. So take this time to count your blessings and spend some quality time with your family, friends and those that truly care about you, till tomorrow...peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment