WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, December 02, 2018

Age Is Just A Number

Day 2/31

Aaaaaaaand we’re back! Almost didn’t think I’d put a post out myself lol. So I was talking to my friend today and we got on the topic of the whole age is just a number thing. And it’s funny cuz he’s pretty young, like early 20’s but he’s real mature for his age, it’s funny cuz he’s also dating a girl who’s like my age (26 if you’re wondering). And I remember when he first told me I was like saaaaaaay word. But today he kept bringing up the fact like hey age is just a number man. And it reminded me of a conversation I was having with my coworker. She was like yeah I don’t give people a pass just cuz they’re young, as in she doesn’t let them use that as an excuse, which I fully understand. It’s funny cuz it made me think about my own life and how I’ve met a lot of mature young kids and a lot of immature grown adults. And similarly at work there’re a lot of people who are super mature for their age and super immature for their age lol. But then again everything’s always perspective and maturity comes in all different forms cuz I’ve been told I act, talk and even dress hella immature. Then I’ve also been told that I’m hella wise beyond my years and stuff (not even boosting). I remember when I was in grade 12 and I dated a girl in grade 9 and all my friends roasted me for it cuz it was like the ultimate taboo LOL. But now it just doesn’t seem like that big a deal whatever the age difference in dating. I mean you’ll always have people who frown upon or look at it weird but it is what it is, you do you boo boo. I think the one thing I will say is to not let your age limit, restrict or make you think you can’t do something. And by that I mean like don’t feel trapped in a bubble like oh I’m young so I can’t do grown stuff and people are gonna look down on me. Or oh I’m old so people look at me as annoying and brush me off and whatever. Just so you, but yeah on that note, I won’t drag this out too long, see y’all tomorrow...DEUCES!

No comments:

Post a Comment