WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

The One Thing School Taught Me

Day 18/31

The older I get, the more I find myself saying/thinking that school didn’t really teach my much about life or any life skills.i mean if you’re in a field where academics are super important then yeah, school probably did wonders for you, but I was never really a smart kid and I think that my street smarts far outweigh my book smarts. I think the one think that school did teach me was how to get along with others. I mean I feel like I was a pretty likable guy in school, again not popular...but likable, there’s a difference. I was cool with a lot of people and if I saw them in the streets today I’d still say hi. I recall like a month ago I went to dessert with my boys and this guy from high school approached us and he was like hey it’s been a while. Afterwards my boys were like wtf we never talked to him in high school, but I was like oh yeah I was chill with him, sat beside him for one class and he let me share his locker. I ended up going myself to say bye to him and catch up a bit. But back to the point, in school you’re always placed in group settings, group projects, assignments, even who you sit beside and the lockers that are beside you. It really emphasized to me how important it is to get along with others...and that is okay magnified now that I’m working as well. At least in school...you don’t see the same people everyday because you have different classes and if you want it’s pretty easy to avoid people. Now that I’m working, I see the same people pretty much every single day and it’s really engraved in my mind how important it is to get along with people, like you don’t have to like them, but for the amount of time that you’re together, you have to be able to work together to get stuff done. It’s funny cuz I see or hear and now even experience like people’s problems at work and how it sometimes goes so far where they’re like oh I straight up can’t work with this person. And I find that really interesting but also hilarious at the same time cuz I mean there are lots of people I might not like or simply tolerate, but I think it’s a sign of maturity and definitely professionalism to be able to put that nonsense aside and get along for a period of time. I think wherever you go in life, whether school, work or anywhere that requires relational and team building, you’re gonna need to learn how to get along with others. So yeah, that’s all I got for today, till tomorrow...peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment