WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Making My Parents Proud

A lot of the times, when things happen to me, I just write it on my iphone because I'm too lazy to blog about it and then a few days later, I'll finally find the time to blog about it. But yeah....I forgot how it happened, but I just started thinking about family and school and specifically graduating. My parents are really big on me graduating school. My parents never had the opportunity to university and my brother dropped out of college after one year. So my parents have super high hopes for me to bring home that diploma you know. Sometimes, I feel like I have this huge burden and this huge goal on my shoulders that I must achieve. My dad always tells me you have to be the first "Tham" in our household to graduate university. He's really proud of my older cousin, he lives in Hong Kong I believe, born in Austrailia. Graduated university and works at a prestigious bank and they send him all over the world, so he's really proud of him. Other than that, a lot of my cousins haven't done too well. My dad's brother has 3 kids...2 daughters and 1 son, I'm pretty sure none of them have graduated university...2 of them went and tried but never finished and the other one never went. I have a bunch of cousins in Singapore, 2 twins who went to university and are going to become lawyers, but they are on my mom\s side and their last name isn't Tham. Then there's my other 2 cousins in Canada, they are my dad's sister's kids, so since she married, she changed her last name, so they aren't part of the Tham family either, but I really look up to them. Brother and sister, both like 2-3 years older than me, both went to McGill...like the top university in Canada, both graduated, and both overseas doing school/work...that's crazy. So much respect for them...so yeah, it just places a really heavy burden on my heart to finish school even though it's so hectic and unclear right now, I HAVE to finish...no matter what, no matter how hard that is...to get that diploma, to get a good job, to make my parents proud, to support them.

No comments:

Post a Comment