WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Life, Clumsiness and Being Positive

Today in the car this morning while waiting for the bus, me and my mom were talking in the car, about numerous things. My mom is an esthetician, meaning she does facials and all that stuff with like skin care and face care. So she worked at this place in Scarborough for the longest time, all her real close friends were there and stuff like that. She then moved to some place in Richmond Hill because it was closer and more convenient since we live in Markham. She's been working at the recent place for quite a few years now. Last week I believe, she was just saying how sometimes she doesn't really like how she's treated, especially since she works like 8-9 hours everyday, she felt like she deserved a raise and her boss like snapped at her. My mom also does facials at home on the side for like her personal friends and as well other people as well...so through that, my mom knows a lot of people who can get her places. So this morning, she's like...my friend who owns this doctor's office or whatever, she is thinking about opening up her own little facial/spa place and pretty much asked me mom if she would like a job there. My mom was like, I have to tell her asap, but she said I can take time to think about it and stuff. If she did take the job, she would start in February, but the major concern she has was whether or not the business would boom or not. Her exact words were that her job right now...is stable...not that great, not that bad, but stable. So she was like, this new job...though it's in Scarborough, the hours are great, the pay is great, but her worry is if there is no business, there is no pay. She told me that my dad said, it's definitely a great opportunity, but there is some risk of course cuz who knows how long it'll take before business starts to get good, or if it gets good at all. She was just asking for my input and what I thought she should do. she mentioned things like how they were doing calculations about money and stuff and say she took the job and there was no business, she would essentially have no income and my dad's income wouldn't be able to cover all the bills and expenses by himself that just got me thinking about so many things. About how I really wanna get a job in the summer so I can help pitch it for my family, it boggles my mind how my brother works full time yet spends his money on dumb things and doesn't even help pay for the family. My mom mentioned how my dad's 61 and in 4 years he can retire...4 years/as far as that sounds...it's pretty darn close, hopefully I'll be done school by then, but yeah, it just feels like life is moving so far you know. Anyways, after the conversation, I went to go wait for the bus and as I was walking I like stepped in this pothole/ditch thing and rolled my ankle LOOOOL...I won't know how serious it is until tomorrow, fingers crossed it doesn't get swollen or it doens't hurt to walk cuz then it'll be a mission to get around in school and no ball or working out for a week or so lol  Usually I'm not that clumsy lol I guess today's just not my day. But yeah what else...oh right, sometimes when I give people advice, I'm always really positive, I tell them to look onthe bright side of things and stuff..but sometimes I'm one of those people who can't take his own advice. I remember one time, I was giving my friend advice and at the end of the conversation he told me...Rodmond, you know you're a really positive person, you have a really good outlook on life. And I thought to myself...lol if only you knew the things that go on in my head. A lot o the times, I am really negative and I do think about the worst case scenario...it isn't until I get some sort of reality check that I realize that you know...though things are bad right now, they could be worse...I think abotu the good things I have going in my life atm instead of th ebad things. Because honestly, realistically speaking...whatever happens in your life, no matter how bad things get...it could be worse...think about it that way whenever something bad happens. 2 things...look on the bright side...and it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment