WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Do What You Love, Love What You Do

At first I wasn't going to talk about this, but the more I started to think about it the more it began to bother me. I was talking with a bunch of friends today and we were talking about like school, the future, marriage, work, things of the sort. And we got on the topic of me wanting to be a teacher and he told me that he feels that he thinks I don't really want to become a teacher. And in my head I was just like...uh yeah I do. But then I sat there and even when I got home I started to think about it more and more...do I really want to become a teacher. You know when someone tells you like a lie or something untrue, the more you repeat it to yourself, the more true it begins to sound. I feel like that's what happened, the more I repeated that in my head, the more I began to convince myself that I didn't want to become a teacher. My biggest inspiration to wanting to become a teacher is my elementary school teacher and just the influence and impact he had on me, I've told you numerous stories about him. Just what an awesome person he was and how we're close friends even to this day. He's the reason I wanted to become a teacher and have that same impact and relationship with kids. I remember a conversation with my friend who didn't get into teacher's college and he was saying that doesn't mean everything's wasted, just because you don't become a teacher doesn't mean you can't teach, now that may not make sense but he was saying how there's a lot of diff things you could do like teach Sunday school and stuff. Everyone's always saying how bad the job market is and how tough and hard and how long it'll take to find a job as a teacher and how competitive it is, but if it really is something you love and enjoy and want to do, go for it. One of the reason's I'm not so worried about this is because I know that God has a plan for me regardless of what happens...whether I get into teacher's college or not, whether I become a teacher or not, I know He will guide me to the path He sees fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment