WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, June 02, 2013

When One Door Closes, Another One Opens...

So yesterday this story randomly popped into my head....so in grade 7, all the grade 7 classes went to Mansfield for a 3 day, 2 night camping sort of thing...just a chance to enjoy our second last year of elementary school and stuff. It was like an  outdoorsy, forest kinda place cuz that's what my teacher was into...he liked outdoors and hiking and stuff like that. So anyways...we're all sitting in one big group one day and we're going to have this huge scavenger hunt and all the grade 7's are in one room and the guy's like okay for this scavenger hunt you're going to be in pairs...but he decided that he was going to choose the pairs for some reason...and he picked boy girl pairs as well, which was weird. Anyways, we're coming down to like the last 6 people and I'm one of them...so there's 3 guys and 3 guys...one of the girls is this cute asian girl I've had a crush on for the longest time and went to one of our school dances with. So he pairs off another guy and girl leaving me, my crush and another guy and girl...he then calls her name...and my palms are like sweating right now cuz I had a 50/50 shot of pretty much spending an entire day with her just chilling and talking and stuff...and he pairs her with the other dude...and I get stuck with this brown girl. So for the we first while, I was just not into it...I didn't care about the scavenger hunt at all, whether we won or lost...but this girl was really nice and she was really outgoing for some reason. Time passed, we talked and she was a pretty cool girl...we ended up not only finishing the scavenger hunt, but placing 3rd out of all the pairs while my crush and her partner like finished really late. Me and her finished early and we got a chance to sit and talk and stuff...and I told her that I was glad I was her partner cuz I had never talked to her before and it was nice getting to know her. Reminiscing now...it's just like any other situation...we assume and judge in our head how people are and we never really give them a chance. But if it wasn't because of that dude who randomly paired us together, I would've never known she was such a nice and cool girl. And I guess what I'm trying to say is that looks can be deceiving and you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover...people can really surprise you with their personality...give people a chance and take the time to really get to know someone before imagining what they're like in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment