WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, June 28, 2013

Player vs Coach

So this year is my 3rd year playing softball for the church my church is branched off from.Last year I was an assistant coach, but didn't really do much, this year I'm the coach. And a lot of the times...I find myself torn...torn between being a coach and being a player. Today we had a friendly scrimmage against another team and we lost, we lost pretty bad. As a coach...I can't let emotions take over...I have to be strong and support and encourage my team, let them know that it's okay, that's why we practice, keep your heads up. As a player, it's frustrating, I'm super competitive, so I know come actual season time, it's gonna be hard to keep my emotions in check. Seeing people miss easy balls or mess up easy plays sucks lol..,,as a player, I wanna be out there every inning contributing to the team, in success and in loss. But as a coach, I have to be fair, I have to put my needs aside for the team. And I think that's gonna be the biggest challenge for me this season, but at the same time it's gonna be the biggest thing in helping me grow this season...as a person and in my walk with God as well. It'll be great...especially with amazing brothers and sisters on the team to help keep me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment