WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Old Friends, Same Deal.

Hello there...today was a great day. Well there was no crossfit this morning and I was really looking forward to it...so ended up loafting for most of the morning watching shows and stuff. My 2 friends came over in the afternoon to just chill, play some video games and some board games...then our other friend joined us later cuz we haven't seen her in a while, so it was just a nice time to hang out. We ended up playing Risk and I know it's a long game...but we played one game and we didn't even finish it lol...we played from 4 to 7 or so...went to grab dinner at this small place my friends always hype up about called Papa Changs and it was nice...we stayed there for a good like 3 hours as well...just got a chance to catch up, talk about a lot of things from school, church, problems and things like that. It was really nice, we never got to go back to my house to finish the game cuz we left at like 10 so everyone had to go home. But yeah...just the car ride there was really nice...my 2 friends went in one car and I got to go into the car with my other friend and her and I got a chance to talk and catch up, though we already talk on a somewhat consistent basis lol. I was just telling her about my school dilemma and how if I play my cards right I can graduate in 2 years...but then we just started talking about what I wanna do after that and stuff...she's a really smart girl and she's really hard working, so her input and her advice was really helpful cuz she knows me pretty well too...so she's like well I don't think you like this so you should do this and things like that. I honestly love talking to her and chilling with her cuz she's so down to earth...and she's super strong in her faith, though she has her problems as well...I definitely admire her a lot and it means a lot to me to have these kinds of conversations with her. Anyways, she was like yeah you're a good listener...and that just got me thinking how in most situations, people say I'm really quiet, but I guess I just like to take everything in, I don't like to speak just for the sake of it, but only if I actually have something productive to chime in about. And it just reminded me of my short term missions trip when the whole team was in the room and we were going around in a circle saying what we admire about each other and the pastor looked at me and said that he admired that I was a good listener...that my eyes, it says a lot about me...I analyze a lot with my eyes and yeah, something along those lines. But yeah...I'm just thankful for friends in general that I can talk to and be real with. Friends that will tell you what you have to hear, though it may not necessarily be what you want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment