WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Random Thoughts

Today, I chilled with my friend for a good portion of the day...from gym, the ball, to bbq at his house, to movies to just good heart to heart talks. We're both christian and we talked with both our parents and also just us two about him getting baptized. He said he wasn't ready and didn't feel called, I know his parents really wanted him to cuz they brought it up to my parents a bunch of times. I talked to him one on one and just eased his mind...told him not to feel pressured to do it cuz of his parents, cuz his friends are baptized or whatever...but you know to take it one step at a time with God and when the time is right, he'll know and he'll be called and be ready to get baptized. Baptism is literally a declaration to the world saying you're a christian and that God is your Saviour. I just pray he continues to grow in Christ and that God continues to shape and mould him. He's taking a leadership role in the upcoming summer retreat and it reminds me a lot of when I was first asked to help and ever since then, I just became more and more involved with church and stuff like that. I pray that sometime along the lines of that happens to him, but I know God has a plan for him and it's out of my hands, his hands, his parents hands...all in God's hands. One thing that really hit me was his parents and my parents pulled me aside and his parents told me how much they admired me and how involved I was in church and what a role model I was and how they really want me to rub off on my friend. Other parents have told me the same thing about their kids who I'm really good friends with...it really got to me and made me smile...but I took a step back, took a deep breath and really just gave all the glory...ALL THE GLORY back to God. He's blessed me with so many things and given me the strength to break out of this shell and has called me to be a leader and to get more involved in church and to really do my best to support. lift up, encourage and set an example for the younger ones...so yeah, as much as they were complimenting me, they were really complimenting God and his works in me...and all the glory they gave me...I give back to him on humbled knees...thank you for being by my side always.

No comments:

Post a Comment