WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, June 15, 2012

Random Thoughts

I got some pretty sad news today...my elementary school teacher/coach is leaving my old elementary school. I've known him since I was in grade 6 and I still keep in contact with him. I remember on the volleyball team, he really pushed us and made us train so damn hard. We had team dinners and really bonded, I really looked to him as a mentor. I remember, me and 2 of my teammates failed a math test in his class and he made us retake it and get 80%+, not just a pass but over 80 in order to play volleyball...that made me study so hard and work so hard and we all ended up getting over 80 and stayed on the team. Throughout high school, I went back every year and helped him coach volleyball for both genders and basketball for both genders, we stayed close, became friends. Even to this day, I still visit him and we're great friends...we've known each other for like 8 years...how crazy is that...who would've known an elementary school teacher would have such a lasting impact on me, that I would want to visit him so often and frequently. He's the one who helped me decide what I wanted to do in university...helped me write numerous reference letters at my request. The fact that I heard he's leaving really breaks my heart...I don't know the full details...but his going away party is at the school on Thursday...I def wanna go before that just to see what's up and why he's leaving and where he's going...it's really sad though, cuz I know he was getting tired and impatient with the school, the staff and the kids...it just wasn't the same as when we were in school...damn...

No comments:

Post a Comment