WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

From The Heart: Growing Pains

I feel like I haven't done one of these in the longest time......this is to no one person in particular....just to all the people who I've grown apart from, am distancing myself from or just aren't seeing eye to eye with....this is for you.


I’m losing a lot of people in my life really fast
It’s crazy when you think how close we were in the past
We’re drifting apart, the distance only seems to grow
You tell me all these things that you feel but never show
Words are empty without actions, they can only go so far
It’s like trying to drive but you have low fuel in your car
You told me you would always be there, now I see you’re lying
You say that I don’t care but I swear to you I’m trying
Like strangers we walk past, not looking at one another
We put on a fake smile so our feelings stay covered
Distance and time only seem to push us apart
I haven’t changed, you just haven’t been talking to me heart
It seems like a long damn time since we’ve actually been tight
I guess that’s cuz all we do lately is fuss and fight
Stop thinking about the bad things and times that we had
Remember when I held you up all of the times that you were sad
I’m leaving the past behind and I’m praying for the best
Cuz I know this trial in our friendship is just another test
I know better days are ahead, the light will only get brighter
I promise that these burdens on our backs will lighter

No comments:

Post a Comment