WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Like Father, Like Son

This is inspired by a conversation with a friend quite some time ago. My friend has always said that I'm very similar to my dad, but for the longest time, I never really saw it. Over the past couple of months...from that conversation onward, I've definitely been seeing it more and more. I'm not just talking about physical appearance...but like personality...little quirks...the way he handles problems...the way he conducts/composes himself in general. Thinking back to the conversation with my friend...he's like your dad and my dad are similar and he said he was beginning to see similarities in himself and his dad. He's like my dad is very unemotional...like he's not the type who'll say I love you or give you a hug and ish and he can kinda seem cold at times and I was like wow...that's like my dad but also like me as well. I wouldn't say I've been observing my dad as of late, but I've definitely noticed his tendencies more and more. Like when I watch him talk to my mom...and how he always seems very uninterested or like he's very quiet and just kinda lets her do the talking and goes along with it...that's exactly like me LOOOOL. Or when I see him go through the situation with my brother...which I endured as well...he was very quiet...but he had a lot of things going on in his mind and a lot of thoughts on the situation...I know this cuz he voiced it out to me. That's like me...I stay quiet on a lot of things...and I blog instead...or I pick and choose who I confide in. The last thing I noticed is that my dad is also pretty unconfrontational...in terms of arguments with my mom or if my bro does something stupid...he tries to stay out of it or like just let it be...which makes sense cuz whenever him and I get into arguments...literally we just stop talking to each other and no one does anything...and eventually we just start talking again LOOOL. For all my fellows...or ladies...feel free to not observe...but be more aware of your parents...and you'll be surprised how similar you guys are.

No comments:

Post a Comment