WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Speed Limit 40

Greetings friends...it's been a while..and I apologize. It's already midterm season...well not really midterms...since my courses are broken down into like 3-4 tests...it's a busy time let's just put it at that. I've been thinking a lot lately...just admiring the things around me...one thing I noticed...is kids nowadays...well kids back in the days as well...but A LOT so today...are in such a rush to grow up. I'm talking like kids are so fast to act mature, go partying, drinking, driving, dating, all that jazz. I can't count the number of pictures or posts I see from high school KIDS who are like oh...I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life with my boyfriend or girlfriend...like chill with that kiddo. Legit tho, the vibe I can't help but get is that kids are in the biggest rush to grow up. Lemme take you back to my time...I was certainly in a rush to grow up as well, but not as bad as kids are today. But any ways...back to the topic at hand. Back then I was in such a rush to grow up...when I was in elementary school...I couldn't wait to be in grade 8...to be the oldest at school...to run the school...to graduate and move on to high school. When I was in high school I couldn't wait to start driving, to start being more independent. I couldn't wait to be in grade 12...again to graduate...to just be top dogs...to be that much closer to 'freedom'. Now that I'm in university...literally knocking on the door of graduation...my mindset has completely changed...having friends who are in high school but also having friends who are in the work force and stuff. I see both sides and I'll explain to you how my mindset has completely changed. I've told you guys how it seemed like I was in such a rush to grow up when I was a kid...now that I'm pretty much an adult...O can't help but WISH I could slow down life...to enjoy every single waking moment...to go back and enjoy my childhood...to have fun...to do the things I used to do like spend an entire day playing video games with friends. I have a lot of friends fully inserted in the workforce who tell me how they still wish they were in school. Life is crazy man...it only seems to move faster and faster...I swear when I have kids it'll be exactly the same...first they're gonna be born and next thing they're gonna be moving out. Now that I'm about to graduate university and start another chapter in my life...i can't help but look at all these kids...and smile...but also be discouraged. Smile at the fact of just being youthful and youthfulness...but discouraged at the fact that they don't understand what they have...the freedom they have...the carefree attitude they should be having. My mindset as of late...has been to try to slow things down a much as possible...and enjoy the moment...enjoy life as it comes. Otherwise you miss it...you lose the full extent of joy you could be having. My advice to the younger generation is to have fun...live your life...school is important...but you're only young once in your life. Now...I wish I could go back and do all those things...but I'm older...my friends are busier...things are different. I'm not saying I absolutely can't do those things..I'm saying situations and circumstances make it harder to. This post is called speed limit 40 because....well for one...40 feels REALLY SLOW for me now when I'm driving...60 is like the new 40 for me lol...but I'm used to doing a lot of things fast...eating...homework...everything...speed limit 40 is a reminder to me...to slow down...relax...enjoy the moment...as busy and as stressful as life gets...don't forget to have fun and enjoy yourself along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment