WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Fail Until You Win

Michael Jordan said you miss 100% of the shots you DON'T take. Meaning if you don't even try, you've already failed. I'd rather constantly make mistakes but be learning from each one than to not try at all for fear of failure. That's where my mentality has been at as of late...the biggest example I can give you is girls. Ever since I was a kid I've always had confidence issues...and the biggest thing I've been learning presently is to embrace rejection. You're not going to make every shot you take, you're not going to ace every single test you take, that's a part of life. I've been really proud of myself lately for having the courage to even go and talk to girls, ask them out, sometimes get their number, sometimes get rejected: but that's okay. The worst thing you can do after getting rejected is to get dejected and think life is over. No, simply move on, rejection is a part of life...learn and grow from it. Again speaking specifically about talking to or asking girls out....every failure and rejection gives me confidence because it's something I would've never seen myself doing a couple of years ago. You win some, you lose some...you make shots, you miss shots. Same thing as a basketball player...I consider myself a shooter, but not every shot is going to go in, I'm going to have some bad games where I miss a bunch of shots...but I don't get down on myself and I don't stop shooting...I keep shooting and I tell myself each time that the next shot is going in. Failure is a part of life...but it's about learning from it, moving on so next time you win. There was this video I watched about failing harder...it was talking in basketball terms...about how if you're not failing, you're not getting better as a basketball player. Cuz no one is perfect, no matter how good you are, there's some aspect in your game that you can still work on. Every failure and rejection as of late has been so refreshing and eye opening...I literally walk away smiling cuz I think to mysel wow....you actually had the confidence to go up to her and talk to her and ask her out...your time will come, don't get down, keep your head up.

No comments:

Post a Comment