WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, January 02, 2015

Can Guys And Girls Be CLOSE Friends?

What's good everyone...happy new year.Y'all voted and I'm going to do my best to give you CONSISTENT posts. No need for that day counter any more...it may not be everyday, but I promise it's going to be consistent for sure, but now onto the post.

This is an age old question that I've always pondered, more than ever now than before. This is something I've debated and asked to many people as well...it's an interesting topic. I chose to be more specific with this post...can guys and girls be CLOSE friends...not just friends. I'm talking about talking on the phone for like hours into the night till like 4 am...taking walks in the park at like midnight...looking at her (I'm going to use my perspective in this post) face and immediately knowing what's on her mind or knowing that something is wrong...being 150% comfortable with one another...entrusting your absolute world to her. That kinda close friend is what I'm talking about in this post. At this moment in my life...I can list a few girls who I've considered my best friend, girls who I feel a crazy level of comfort with. But here come some very unsettling questions...what happens when someone falls for the other person...what happens when one person gets into a relationship...how do things change? I've been in pretty much every situation you can think of when it comes to having a super close girl friend. I've fallen for her...she's fallen for me...I've been in a relationship...she's been in a relationship. Things change...a lot...it's never easy. Some of the girls that I once called me best friend...we're not so close any more...and it breaks my heart. So I go back to the question asked...can guys and girls be close friends...where do you draw the line...what happens when someone falls for the other person...what happens when the other person has a boyfriend or girlfriend. It's hard man....to be that close with a girl...to know her inside out...to look at her face and feel her pain...how do you not fall for someone like that...someone who is your best friend, who knows you inside out as well. Or...if she gets a boyfriend...how do you deal with that...how do you deal with being the number one guy in her life to being number two...how do you go from being the person she confided everything to to just another guy...damn. To be honest...this question that I asked...is something I don't even have the answer to...it's something I'm still very unsure of. It's something that I've dealt with so many times that I'm kinda scared to get into it again with another girl. There's just something different about having a girl best friend than a guy...the comfort...the intimacy, who knows lol. If y'all have an answer to this question, I'd love to hear it...some of y'all probs have best friends of the opposite sex...but like, the kinda close friend I'm talking about is different...much different...or maybe I'm expecting/asking too much lol...or maybe I pour my heart out too easy/much.

No comments:

Post a Comment