WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, January 12, 2015

One Of My Inspirations...

Yeah I know...haven't posted in 2 days lol...sorry folks. Any ways...so some of y'all know I wanna be a teacher. But I'm pretty sure not many of you know why, one of the biggest reasons is my elementary school teacher/coach who is also my good friend. One of the most memorable instances that I'll always remember is when me and 2 other guys from the volleyball team failed a math test in his home room. He told us we couldn't play unless we did a retest that he made...which would be harder..and we couldn't just pass, we had to get at least a 70. I remember it was about like area and circumference and that kinda ish...so there were many formulas to memorize. Volleyball meant the world to the 3 of us and we wanted to play...so we studied really hard I remember. And we all didn't just get 70...we all got over 80. Dang I was so happy...but I'll always remember this instance because of the bond it created between me and my teacher Yeah he was my coach and we went for team dinners and stuff...but he cared about us...in and outside of school...on and off the volleyball court. The relationship I have with him is what inspires me to want to be a teacher..the fact that we're still friends...that I've been to his house for dinner...that we've known each other for around 10 years and I'll still go back to visit him at school...those are the kinda things that make me want to be a teacher. That bond with the students and the impact that you can have on their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment