WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Growing Up, Growing Old Part 2

Part 1 http://thebestyouneverheard.blogspot.ca/2014/03/growing-up-growing-old.html

When you're a kid...when I was a kid...you're so carefree...what you do, what you say...there's absolutely no filter. As I've grown older and matured...I've learned that that's not really possible any more. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you have to hold back your opinions and what not...you should know that I of all people on this blog am pretty brutally honest. What I mean is that...when you grow older...you have more responsibilities...you aren't just a kid any more...you're an older brother, an older sister, a mentor, a teacher, a role model essentially. That's what I've been learning as of late...that ,my actions...my words...may have a bigger affect on others than they do myself. What I'm trying to say is people may look up to you, watch what you do or say and mimic you. Especially if you have younger friends, younger siblings, younger students...things of the sort. You really can't just up and  say or do whatever you want cuz they're like sponges. I'll give you an example from my life...at church...there are a lot of kids...I'm a teacher...I'm pretty involved as well...back in my younge days...I would say and act how I pleased...but now things are different...I'm older, kids look up to me...and if they don't...they definitely see the things I do or say and that may or may not play into what they do or don't say or do. It just got me thinking lol...nothing to drastic...but even this blog for example...there may be people, kids or whoever who read this blog and may take something out of it. One thing that inspired me to write this was specifically on your bad days...when you're tempted to vent, to verbally or physically show that emotion...know that you're responsible for your actions and words...even on your bad days...you still gotta be careful cuz you may be someone's role model or big brother or sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment