WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Today...

Today was such an amazing and beautiful day...just a real humbling experience. Woke up at 12 ish got my stuff ready and headed out for 2 games of softball. Our first game was at 2, this was our first game of the season. I was so proud of my team, through tough times, errors, mistakes, they played hard and brought their A game, they really stepped up. One moment in the game where one guy on our team was getting really frustrated and the fact that he missed a few easy balls. It's his first year playing and he reminded me so much of me last year, so much emotion and passion and competitiveness, he was really beating himself up. After a play, I ran up to him and talked to him, calmed him down, I saw so much potential and heart in him, but I wanted him to have a clear head and recognize the reason we gather to play this game. I was really proud at how he conducted himself after...damn. We lost the first game 8-13...but I'm so proud of how well the team played, they encouraged and supported each other, amazing. The second game, we were all tired, it was hot outside...but with that bitter taste of defeat in their mouths, they rose to the occasion, stepped it up and literally carried the team with a few of our key players missing. One instant happened where we were up, I hit the ball and some dude missed it and it hit his face, he was bleeding and there was a small cut around his eye and the game was called out due to that and we were running out of time, so we won that game 12-8. It's just really encouraging to see 2 teams, opponents, coming together after one player gets injured, to help him out and yeah...today was a really uplifting and encouraging day. Game tomorrow at 6...can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment