WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, July 01, 2012

From The Heart: My Dad Use To Say...

Today at the beach, literally like less than half an hour of chilling there, something happened. We're all chilling, me and my friend are throwing around the frisbee, I see my friends making food, sandwiches, chips and stuff, bringing out water...then I see them bring out alcohol...beer, vodka, etc. I keep playing frisbee with my friend...next thing I know...2 cops are there...we're like a few metres away, so we stay back for a while, they stay there, they start like going through our things. Me and my friend went back and they were giving them their licenses to first make sure they were even old enough to have alcohol in the first place. After than, the cop proceeds to check out bags and stuff and finds drugs in one of my friend's bag...so besides bringing alcohol to the beach...which we're not allowed to do, they had drugs on "us" as well. Sat us down, and said we're not allowed, etc...how they're letting us off easy with just ONE ticket of $120...instead of 9 tickets and one person having to go get fingerprinted, they made the dude with the drugs pour out all the alcohol and take the ticket and we would or whoever would chip in for the ticket. The whole time, as we were sitting there...I kinda zoned out...just everything flashed before my eyes...I know it wasn't anything super serious...but it was kinda serious to me. I've never dealt with the police before, not that I remember anyways. What he said was right, it could have been worse...say my friends brought more drugs...we could've been in so much more trouble...or if they called our parents or something...one ticket and nothing else is pretty fair if you ask me. Now like 3/4 of the people there were going to drink and half of them do the drugs I'd say. So I was talking to my real close friend who doesn't do either of that...saying how I don't feel it necessary for me to chip in to pay for the ticket...people were like yo, yo it's okay...I got your back...in my head...I was like are you stupid to bring that here in the first place and put that in the open. My dad always use to tell me to watch who I hang out with and I never understood why. He said hanging out with bad people is bad...I would always back talk and say but I'm not going to do the bad things.;..but just that simple fact that you're there gives people the assumption you are doing it and that you're associated with them. When the cop was talking about the alcohol and drugs he wasn't referring to just a single person, but to all of us as a whole and it really just made me reevaluate this whole thing...I'm not gonna dump my friends for this one incident, but it makes me more sensitive next time they hold these kinds of gatherings you know...I dunno, I had so much more to say, but I lost it...it was a real hectic first hour...afterwards we got in the mood and let it go and chilled and played sports and stuff....sigh, I thank God that nothing serious or severe happened to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment