WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Words of Wisdom

"If you ain't lifting the burden, you probably adding to it." - Joe Budden


I feel like in life...you have tons of friends, different kinds and different groups. But ultimately, they all can be categorized into 2 groups. Good friends and bad friends...now by this, I don't mean good or bad people, I mean like encouraging or supporting friends. For example, a friend that is always there for you, listening to you, giving you advice and comforting you is a good friend. A bad friend is someone who always talks and talks and talks but never listens to you. A good friend is someone who keeps you accountable for your actions, makes sure you don't do anything stupid at say parties or gatherings. A bad friend is someone who eggs you on to do stupid things, who pushes you to say drink or tries to peer pressure you into smoking or doing drugs. I feel like lots of people are struggling with lots of things and a key factor in trying to fix it is the people you surround yourself with. If you're struggling with partying and alcohol...yet you constantly surround yourself with people who attend parties and get drunk, obviously what do you think is going to happen. However, say you're struggling with your faith and going to church or sinning, but you surround yourself with solid christians who are firm in their faith...they will keep you accountable, check up on you to see how you're doing, bring you to church, maybe even do devotions or bible studies with you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you have to completely cut the bad friends off, but limit the time you spend with them, cuz their habits will become your habits and if you're weak willed or easily tempted...this will turn out pretty bad. I have friends to drink, do drugs, go to clubs and parties...some of these kids I grew up with, some of these kids I call my closest friends...but I hate chilling with them when they do those kinds of things...and they know that..I'd rather gather, order some pizza and play some videogames or watch the ball game. So instead, I surround myself with my close friends who don't do those things, who share similar interests and similar mindsets. I don't wanna put myself in that situation to get tempted even in the slightest...cuz you say you have self control and that you can watch yourself, but accidents happen and people do crazy things in the heat of the moment...I say, why bother even putting yourself at that disadvantage. It's like being a vegetarian, yet going with your friends do an all you can eat meat buffet...why not just convince your friends to go somewhere else. But yeah...that was just something I learned tonight...or something that reoccured in my head...to reevaluate the people you chill with...and whether they are influencing you for better...or for worse.





No comments:

Post a Comment