WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

From The Heart: Temptation

I just finished doing devo's cuz I had to renew my passport this morning...it was about temptation. It said that we all face temptation, its unavoidable, but the question is not will you be tempted, the question is when you're tempted, will you be ready? In our own strength and by our own ability, we can't. But when we put God's Word in our hearts and when we lean on His strength and trust in His plan, there are no temptations we can't overcome.

"God wants you to trust Him to bring victory in every area of your life. By His grace, you can!"

Funny also that today's verse was one I put in the top section of my blog...

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

Dear God,

I thank you for who You are. I come to You in all my sin, all my shame and all my brokenness asking for forgiveness. You know me from the inside out, You died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins...to cleanse and purify us, to give us new life. God I thank You for Your mercy and grace, I thank You for being there when no one else was. I realized everything that I'm searching for...a friend, a role model, a comforter, a pastor...all that can be found in You. I thank You for never forsaking me and never giving up on me, I lift up my heart and my hands to You. I pray all of these things in your Son's most previous name,

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment