WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, August 22, 2011

MY CRUISE

I know y'all been waiting for this....or some of you at least...lol all of this was pre-written....legit written during the times of the actual events, I wrote all of these during my cruise cuz I'd def forget if I came home and tried to write it all so here it goes copy and pasted from my laptop....

Day 1
So the taxi comes at 1 to drive us to the Buffalo airport cuz there were no flights from T.O. to New Orleans. So from Buffalo we flew to Cleveland on a reeeeeeally small plane I might add (luckily it was for less than an hour), we then waited for an hour....then flew from Cleveland to New Orleans (a reeeeally small plane again, but luckily less than 2 hours). We taxi to the cruise check in, waiting, yada yada, finally get in....looking around....hardly any asian people (YEEEE BUDDDDY). Lots of white LG's :P I'm excited hahahha. So had lunch (it was aiiight) walked around for a while...good news, theres a gym.....bad news there's a ball court and it's small and it's outside in the blazing sun. Anyways, I need to hopefully make some friends...maybe find a nice girl....but reeeeal talks there are some legit cute girls here... :). So far I'd it's okay...I'd still rather be at home...walking around with my rents really isn't that fun, we're in the room right now just chilling....almost 8 which is dinner time, writing this from my laptop, hopefully I can get wifi, but you gotta pay per hour or something. They show movies here on deck and stuff so people just chill and tan and watch movies on this big screen outside but it's soo hot....still need to find another human being to chill with....-_-. First day here and already homesick....not a good sign....great. So we had dinner then my rents did their own thing and I went to the top of the cruise to just chill, look at the lights, feel the wind just me and my thoughts. Didn't get to workout today or play ball cuz it was really crowded so I was like nah...hopefully tomorrow. Went home to take a shower, rents weren't home yet so went back out to the top of the cruise to just chill by myself again.....sometimes that's what you need...to be alone with your own thoughts...that's what I like.....that was an okay first day.

Day 2
So today was the first full day at sea, travelling to Progresso, Mexico, so we'd be on the ship the whole day. Woke up at like 12 ish, went to lunch till like 2 ish. Rents went to some painting auction so I decided to do my own thing. Today made me realize why I didn't wanna go in the first place...I was waking around by myself for the longest time...it was sooo hot outside so I didn't wanna go play ball. Decided to hit the gym for like 45 min....walked around a bit more....saw my rents and chilled in the room for a while then went out to play ball but it was crowded so I was like nah...played mini golf and ping pong with dad. But see....when I found out my bro didn't wanna go, I didn't wanna go cuz I knew I'd be chilling myself or waling with rents, cheesed. In the room right now, chilling, waiting till dinner time. After dinner, was gonna sit on the deck and watch a movie on the big screen but not a lot of kids were playing ball so I wen to play ball at like round 10 ish for like 3-4 hours. I met a lot of kids and they were really cool. They were all from the States, more so from Texas and they were all surprised I was from Canada and came all this way. I think I was the oldest there....all the kids were like 14-17 but they were mad tall. Soo anyways, I was playing ball with 3 other kids, playing 2 on 2 for a while....my partner was this tallll black dude whom I found out was only 14....damn lol. So anyways when we were playing ball, I noticed this blonde white girl kept coming back and forth sitting down to watch us play...she was a cutie....and when 2 of the mans left and it was only me and my partner, she came in and said hi to me and we started talking LOOOL. Just the usual stuff, etc, etc, I found out her name was Samantha, she was from Florida and she was 18. She said I was cute lol hahah I was deff smiling....so we talked and she said she hoped to see me tomorrow. LOOOLL anyways it's like almost 2 am now, chilling in the room....today was productive...played ball...found a cutie :).....hahahaha not a bad second day.


Day 3
So today the cruise ship stopped at Progress, Mexico. Had to wake up at like 10 am for breakfast and get off the ship. Took a shuttle bus to some shopping place, which turned out to be a really waste flea market. Rents bought some small things, souvenirs, etc....ultimately we were gonna stay for a while cuz it was supposed to be nice, but it was hot and the flea market was lame so we left in like half an hour. Went back to the cruise, had lunch, then walked around with rents for a bit. Now back at the hotel just chilling, watching tv and writing this....probs gonna workout later or play ball, come back and shower....go to dinner then play ball again or find Samantha and just chill :). This trips starting to not be so bad I guess haha just needed time. Alright so here's where the day got EXCITING...first we had dinner, yeah yeah yeah, then went to play ball....it was empty surprisingly so I played by myself for a good 20 minutes. The black guy that I played with the first time came and brought 2 friends (Anthony 17) and Joe (14....he also looks like Justin Bieber, so that's what I called him. LOL so we played, got to know each other, they were real cool kids...from Texas haha....nice and all, traded info, etc, etc. It was like 11 and we see these 3 mans coming to the court....a tall black kid..1 tall white kid (Tyler) and another white kid named Drew I met earlier and he was a nice kid. Now as soon as I saw them walking towards the court...something about them hit me and in my head I was like alright, I don't like them...cuz they have some swagger about them that they think they probably run this court. So they come in and ask for the ball and first thing they do is see if they can dunk it....they couldn't but they tried to show off....Anthony and Joe aren't that tall....around my height ish. So we play 3 on 3, me Anthony, Joe vs those 3 kids. Now remember how I said I was the oldest...this holds true cuz though they were taller than me I could tell they were much younger. So the Tyler kid....had cocky written all over him...I could tell he thought he was amazing and the black dude was talking nuff ish before the game even started, Drew was a nice quiet kid. Anyways the game starts and suddenly.....like a group of people just crowd around...no clue where they came from...white kids, black kids, white girls, and Samantha :). So I was like wtf...we have an audience...at 11 at night...wow....now I'm not the greatest basketball player...but I hustle, I'm dedicated and if I put my mind to something, it'll get done. So as soon as the game starts...the black guy is pushing me here and there....not going for he ball, I calmly say...bro that's a foul....watch that push...he kept doing it and I was like alright, so that's the kinda game it's gonna be. I pushed him, boxed him out, posted him, used my body and my weight (benefits of working out kids) and totally abused him even though he was taller than me. The game was intense with everybody going super hard....everyone that was watching had the impression these 3 tall kids gotta be smashing these 3 little mans....we handled them 11-6. Those mans were talking so much ish and they left with their heads down. Words were said and the game got REALLY physical....but I'm not a jerk, I just wanted to show them we wouldn't back down or get bullied or let them intimidate us and push us around. So after the game I went to the black dude and was liek my bad, it got physical, it's only basketball, etc, etc. He's like yeah I get frustrated when I play, sorry, etc, etc. After the game, the crowd like rushed the court and were HYPING upppppp......all the mans were dapping us and all the girls were like going wild...not sure why LOL. Nuff mans were telling me good game, random girls came up and introduced themselves and all that ish, no jokes.....but I only had my eye on one...I had like tunnel vision cuz everyone was around me and all I saw was Samantha...lol...she hugged me and we just took a walk...away from all the excitement and ish, we chilled till like 1 am or something like that and I walked her home and we hugged again....she deff gives me butterflies. Anyways went back out to the ball court to play and during the game the ball popped...LOOOL and the place was closed so we couldn't get another ball...so me Joe, Anthony just chilled on the deck just loafting and talking about the good game we just had....they're real cool kids...anyways dipped home at like 2 ish and crashed.

Day 4
Woke up today at like 11 ish, went to lunch..had a BOMBBBB turkey wrap. Dipped from the ship to Cozumel, Mexico to shop around, took a taxi downtown and shopped for a bit...it was sooo hot. Hipped back to the ship around 2 ish, got a quick snack (2 more turkey wraps lOOOL) then chilled in the room till 3. Hit the gym for an hour then balled for like 3 hours ish or so...nuffff mans came out to play....so it was real fun cuz we played 3 on 3 and just kept rotating winning team stays on....it was me Anthony and another black kid I met and we smaaaashed. LOl on another note...I met this black dude names Sir Henry....hahahhhaa thats actually his name.....so jokes. After ball, I found Sam and chilled with her for a bit, I think we're chilling later. Just chilling in the room right now, waiting for dinner...Sam is legit a real cutie....from her smile to her blue eyes....I really feeling her. Just had dinner, then went to play ball, no one was there..played by myself for a bit...these 2 black mans and 2 white girls came in and played, they dipped but 1 of the white girls stayed back and she was like hey I've seen you on the ball court here and there you're really good and she was like do you workout....LOOOLLL.....she was like yeah that's my sister...I don't really know those guys. She's like I'm Melissa, I said I was Rodmond I'm 19, etc, etc....and I asked her the same....NOOOO LIEEEE, she took my hand and was like how old do you want me to be....LOOOOLLL smhhhhhhhhhhh.....at that point I was like man this girl is easy...that's not how I do things....so I talked to her for a bit...and she was throwing herself at me but I was like I gotta go find somebody....etc, etc. Anyways....dipped from the ball court walked around for a few minutes...then went back cuz I was bored lol....had some sollid games with some legit mans finally....played till like 11 ish....saw Sam and we chilled, talked, laughed....haven't had that much fun in a long time...she's genuinely a sweet, cute and nice girl. We stayed out till like 2 ish cuz tomorrow' is sea day....going back to New Orleans, so we can wake up late. Walked her back to her room and hugged her and she kissed me on the cheek......definitely made my day.....oh man....

Day 5
Woke up late today at like 12 ish. Went for lunch, it was pretty bad...worst meal of the cruise....dutty salad, chose a burger which was aiiight, dessert was a chocolate sundae....they gave me ONE SCOOP of vanilla ice cream with a tiny bit of chocolate syrup and a PINCH of nuts...the fam beside us were so cheesed they left before dessert LOOOL. Anyways, after lunch, rents went to do their thing....so I went to play ball....had to take my shirt off cuz I was wearing nice pants and a nice shirt and didn't wanna sweat in them (working out pays off for that beach body kids). Anyways these 2 seeeeeeeeeexy asian girls came by and sat down for the longest time. So I took a break from ball and sat on a lawn chair....one of them comes and shes like hey I'm Jamie and she was I 17 I think...LOL. But she was from Texas so she had the cuuuuuutest accent an asian girl can ever have LOL. So I went home to chill for a bit and change into ball clothes. Anyways while balling, it was me and a few others until this group of black kids (recognized some) came. We started a game...and THIS KID....like a head shorter than me and like 3 pounds lighter than me....goes off and starts pushing me...steps on my shoe and pushes me so I fall, scores ONCE on me and HYPES up.....I was like wow...that's how you wanna play...this is the kind game it's gonna be....he's like YEAH and throws the ball in a fit of rage to the ground.....I took the ball and threw it at his face....that's when ish got serious cuz this next big black kid I know from the other team was about to scrap Drew, the kid from day 3.....so I had to stop them...and put my ish with the waste kid aside....I stopped their beef and went to the waste kid and said sorry cuz I'm not a dick...though I know I would've eaten him for breakfast. Anyways...played ball for a bit more...saw the seeeexiest black girl ever.....she was like a miniature Gabrielle Union (google her if you don't know her). LOL I told you this cruise had nufffff LG's.....damn. Anyways, chilled with Samantha again, I really like her...but I know I can't and shouldn't develop feelings for her cuz she lives in Florida....I know this is a one time thing, but she's such a nice girl, cute, simple, sweet, genuine....damn. So anyways....back at the room, chilling before dinner, at dinner, said goodbye to the people at our table, our 2 waiters (who were super cool) then went home to change and play ball again. It was fun....the last night...lots of people came out to play or watch or chill. Said goodbye to a lot of the kids I met, switched infos with some of them so we can stay connected. The rest of this sounds like some love story LOOOL....but after saying goodbye to everyone....I see Sam sitting on a lawn chair just chilling looking at the sky....I went and sat beside her and we just talked. I told her I thought she was really nice, genuinely sweet and that I haven't met a girl like her in a long time. She told me that I was easy and fun to talk to....cute, caring and just all that stuff. I liked her, she liked me....but we both talked it out and we knew this was just a one time thing/heat of the moment....it's very unrealistic that we'd continue this outside of the cruise cuz it'd be too difficult. We agreed we wouldn't switch infos or keep in contact and just leave a last memory of each other instead of trying to make it work and only end up hurting each other. We just held each other for a while....and we kissed....and....it's unexplainable all the things I was feeling and all the things running through my head....I met this girl and got to know her in less than a week and we became such great friends...it's crazy. We chilled into the night....just talking about our lives....and ish like that....we promised that we'd never forget each other....I walked her back to her room one final time....part of me didn't wanna let her go when I was hugging her....part of me wanted our kiss to last....and part of me wanted her to come back with me.....but she closed the door and I walked back up to the top of the cruise with me and my thoughts....I reflected....on the cruise.....all the people I met, things I did....and all the things me and her did....she made my night, she made my trip, she made it all worthwhile...and I'll never see her again.....I'll miss you but I'll never forget you....thanks for making this all worthwhile Samantha. I love you....


If you legit read all the way down here and read every word...wow...congrats to you....but uh yeah....me and Sam did end up adding each other....we're talking...and we're cool....we've both moved on...but we still have the memories we shared together....

No comments:

Post a Comment