WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Dear Rodmond

So um...you know how I'm usually pretty honest with y'all and I share most of what happens in my life with y'all...well, give me some time...kinda in a weird mind state right now. But, I've been very inspired lately...to write, a lot...and I'll explain more in detail in another post. But uh...this is something that I started like I wanna say at least a month or probably more ago....I had like the first 4 lines down...then today, right now...I was just very inclined and inspired to finish it...it's interesting cuz I remember what inspired me when I first started writing it...and now that I've finished it, it was about something completely different...but it;s still along the same lines...so it kinda flows really well...I dunno, I've read this over to myself a good several time...and I'm just really happy with how it turned out...in my head at least...so yeah.

Dear Rodmond,
Young man, I know you're going through some things
But I got some things to say to you, I'm sorry if it stings
Man up and learn to stand up on your own two feet
This is just one of many times in your life you'll taste defeat
The truth is your friends won't always be there when you need it
You gotta learn to take care of yourself, man I mean it
Heartbreak is gonna hurt, you're gonna know it very well
It'll prepare you for something beautiful in the future, I can tell
Don't let the sadness and uncertainty of life bring you down
The more you wanna soak in it, the likely you are to drown
The glass is always half full, I know that you believe it
Searching for love all your life, I know you’ll soon receive it
It sucks to see how sudden that the tables can turn
But I know you’ll turn it around into lessons you learn
Its okay to be sad, as long as you know that it gets better
The sun comes after the rain, that’s why I’m writing you this letter

Sincerely,
RT

No comments:

Post a Comment