WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, May 05, 2017

Giving Without Expectations

Day 5/31

Here's something I wrote a looong while back, just never posted it at the time...not a super long while back, maybe a couple of months...that and I just got home not too long ago and don't have time to make a post atm lol...

The thing about life...about living...is you never stop learning, no matter how old you and no matter how much you already know and have learned. One thing I'm always constantly learning is how to be a good friend, a true friend. Before even  thinking about a relationship, marriage, a family...I think friendship is the most basic form of relationship...and it's something that I'm constantly learning about and trying to improve with every old or new friend in my life. Sacrifice is one word that comes to mind when I think of friendship...sacrificing your time, your own needs, yourself for others. Whether it means sharing your food because your friend doesn't have any or cancelling plans you have because your friend needs you, friendship is about sacrifice. One BIG aspect of friendship that I can never learn and be reminded of enough is the aspect of giving...specifically giving without expectations or receiving. Giving is much harder than receiving, giving without expecting anything in return takes true friendship and real love for someone. To give someone something...whatever it may be and not expect anything in return is a true sign of your love and care for that person...because you give out of love, because you know that thing will make the person happy, and shouldn't that be the point of friendship? I can't count the number of times my friends have helped me out...whether spotting me when I have no money, helping me change a tire, giving me rides...and they don't keep tabs on that stuff like oh Rodmond yeah I gave you a ride last time so you owe me a ride...or yeah Rodmond I've done you quite a number of favours this week, I think it's time you do something for me. Real friendship is loving and caring for another person...without expecting it in return...to receive something in return...such as mutual love or care isn't expected...but if it is, then that's a true, real mutual friendship y'feel? This is something that's kinda been on my heart as of late...what it means to be a true friend, what it means to be there for someone, to love and care without boundaries, without expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment