WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, May 29, 2017

The Best Advice Ever

I won't lie to you guys, this month has felt like an eternity...it's been such an up and down month emotionally, I've been so all over the place. I told y'all I've been kinda in a funk, going through some things lately. I also said that not much in my life is really a secret...in terms of on this blog or just in person, doesn't take much prying to get me to open up to you...and I guess I can thank the blog for that...for making me very transparent and someone who opens up easily..a strength and a weakness at times. So I shared with some of the kids I teach this past Sunday essentially what's been bothering me. Long story short...I was kinda seeing this girl for a little bit and it didn't work out. She went away to school...so who knows, maybe feelings just died down, timing wasn't right or she wasn't ready...it just didn't work out. It kinda sucks cuz I guess you could I got too emotionally invested into her, into it...too fast...and obvs that took toll on me emotionally. Who knows if she's even gonna read this...if you're reading this, it's too late...cue Drake's 'Hold On We're Going Home'...cuz you're a good girl and you know it...right? Inside joke, only she'll get it if she reads this. But yeah, I guess that's what's been up with me lately...trying to make sense of all that...while having so much on my plate like my brother's birthday, mother's day and of course my own birthday...it was a lot of contrasting emotions that I was feeling all at once lol. 


So I saved this tweet a long time ago, intending on making a post about it...because it's so true. And I think it can't apply to me anymore than it does right now. Again, just the last 2 posts that I wrote...were both pieces I started and never finished and I'm super happy with how they turned out. I look at some of my favourite posts on this blog and the posts with the most views...the above tweet is applicable and relatable...all the stories about girls, all the poems, all the posts where I just pour my heart out. I read this tweet again as I'm writing these words and it hurts my heart to the core y'feel. So now you may be asking yourself...okay Rodmond, so what's the best advice ever. It's something i heard from my boy a couple of weeks ago and probably something I've heard other times as well...simply put...it gets better. With anything and everything in life that you're going through...a break up, an argument, losing a loved one, depression, anxiety, whatever it might be...it gets better. It always does...and that's such a positive mindset and I love it. Because it's easy to wanna sulk in your sadness, but to know that it gets better...that time heals all wounds, is SUCH a comforting feeling. Especially in a relationship standpoint...if it doesn't work out...I was reading that it prepares you for your next relationship...you start to know what you want/are looking for and what you don't want/aren't looking for. That made so much sense to me...not only that, but it also prepares you as a person to be a better half for somebody else, to know okay...maybe I should improve this or do this instead for my next relationship. So yeah, I don't wanna make this too long...I just wanna say that whatever it is you're going through right now...as much as it sucks, as hard as it may seem...it gets better. it always does...keep your head it.

No comments:

Post a Comment