WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Been There, Done That

Day 12/31

Those who know me know I've been in a funk lately...all over the place. You know when you're going through something...and you go to your friends for advice, but it's like no matter what they say you're still gonna be in your funk. That's kinda where I've been at...like they're saying the right things, it's resonating with me somewhat...but you just wanna be in your funk. Today I was with a friend and it's crazy how alike we are in terms of how we deal with certain problems. I was sharing with him what's been going on and he essentially shared with me how he was going through the exact same thing, how he felt the exact same emotions and feelings, was int he exact same funk. And he's like honestly man...there's nothing I can say to get you out of this funk, or to change how you're feeling...you're still gonna do the same things and stress. But honestly tho, hearing his experience really helped ease my min somewhat. It was super dope just being able to talk with somebody who really understands you know...even if there wasn't a concrete solution...just having someone to be like danggg I know that feeling...danggg, I did that too...was super comforting in itself. I don't know if you guys can resonate with that...sometimes you'll hear the same advice from different people and none of it will resonate...then you'll hear it from another person and it'll suddenly click. It was just really nice being able to share with someone who's experienced the same thing, endured and overcome it you know. He offered me some really great insight and some really good reminders for myself when dealing with these situations. Moments like these, I'm thankful for true friendships...friendships that remain true and strong no matter how long you haven't seen each other or how long y'all haven't spoken...whenever you do cross paths, it's all love. With that, I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment