WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, May 01, 2017

Doing Things For Yourself

Day 1/31

As promised, we back...for a full month, then who knows how long I'll go away for LOL nah I'm joking...somewhat. Thanks for always sticking with me, but let's get to what you're really here for lol. So if you know me...you'll know I don't sleep in my room, for one...there's clothes all over my bed, two...my bed's a twin side bed, so it's hella small and I like roll around when I sleep. So I sleep on a sofa bed in the basement cuz it's cold downstairs and I like it.Anyways, so like a couple of weeks ago, my sofa bed kept creaking...like any little bit of movement and it would creak constantly and it was so annoying...especially since I move around a lot when I sleep. This happened for a good like 2 days and I'm like frick...am I gonna have to deal with this for the rest of my life? So one night, I was like ALRIGHT...let's take off the mattress and try to figure out what's wrong...taking off the mattress from the bed was a mission in itself cuz it was hella heavy. So after doing that, I saw that a couple of the bars on the sofa bed frame was like out of proportion and that's why it was creaking so much, so I like moved them back in place and screwed them on tightly, put the mattress back on and BOOM..NO MORE CREAKING. Bro...the amount of satisfaction and pride I felt for myself was amazing LOL. This reminded me of a Boy Meets World episode where Cory and Topanga move out and have their own place. Their tap is spewing out like dirty water instead of clean water...so Cory goes to his parents house and goes oh yo, can we move back in...and his dad keeps saying no, we can't help you with this one, you gotta figure it out for yourself. So naturally, Cory and Topanga get pissed, it's like yo you're our parents why aren't you helping us? It gets to a point where they're hella disheartened and sitting in their nasty apartment with the dirty water. Cory's still trying to fix the pipes and he gives up and turns the tap on...looking at the water in disappointment...then it suddenly turns clear and he realizes he's fixed the pipes. First thing he does is go to hi parents to brag that they fixed the pipes and his parents go oh look, they fixed the pipes...they did it on their own. Essentially the parents were like yo, now that you're a man, married, we're not always gonna be here for you, and we wouldn't wanna take away that opportunity for you to learn, grow and do things for yourself. So going back to the whole sofa bed thing...when it comes to these kinds of things...my first instinct, as I'm sure a lot of your guys' first instincts would be to call your parents for help. But they aren't always gonna be there for you...you're eventually gonna have to learn how to do things on your own and take care of yourself. The first time I like went to the doctors by myself, made my own dinner or fixed something by myself...I felt so much self satisfaction...knowing that I could do it, that I could take care of myself...it's a feeling you can't explain until you actually do something for yourself. So yeah, I just kinda wanted to share that...cuz my little sofa bed situation really hit me hard you know...it made me feel really good to figure out a problem and solve it by myself without anyone's help...as I'm sure it's the same for you. See y'all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment