WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Life Is Like A Video Game

Day 3/31

Wait what...an early post...how is life like a video game...you good bruh?

Well, I told y'all I'd make it up to you, so expect a post later on tonight as well, consider it my apology to you guys. So how is life like a video game? So I'm gonna give y'all 3 examples of games hoping you can relate to me in some sort of way. So first one, I know I always say I'm not a computer game, but I got this game called Age of Empires as a kid for my birthday and it was a dope game. Pretty much you build your own town (houses, castles, walls),and develop soldiers as well while also farming for gold, wood, food, etc for survival. So all this seems like hella work and lots of effort right...so I used to use cheat codes to speed up this process...people would build houses in like 2 seconds instead of the regular 2 minutes, I could automatically input gold, food, wood instead of farming it. And I could create any warriors on demand and even create these cars that shot bullets even tho it's a game about medieval civilization and cars weren't created yet. So every now and then, I'll play this game despite getting it for like my 13th birthday...it's fun for the first few rounds, winning and stuff...but then it gets repetitive, it gets boring, and I stop playing it. I then ask myself like yo what's the point of those cheat codes, it kinda kills the fun in the game. So now moving onto my second game, hopefully a more relatable one...Grand Theft Auto...if you tell me you've never played Grand Theft auto without using cheats...you're a liar...whether it's getting all the guns, getting the best cars, a jetpack, flying or decreasing stars...we've all done it. But to a certain point...doesn't that get boring as well...knowing that no matter how hard the game gets, how many cops are after you...you can just use cheats to get away or decrease the stars so no one's chasing you anymore. That's what makes the game fun...trying to complete missions while the cops are chasing you, that rush, that pressure and such...but when you have that ability to just stop the cops from chasing you at anytime...what's the point really. My last game, I'm gonna keep it short and simple...NBA 2K...game sliders...we've all done it at some point, just to see, just for fun, maybe to mess with our friend. But trust me that gets fun before the game's even over....I mean...making every shot...stealing the ball every time...half the fun is competing, testing yourself, with game sliders...it's like okay, I know everything's going in, I can just play with any team and use any player.

So y'all still following me? In life...a lot of the times, I don't know about you...but I WANT the cheat odes. Life is so hard sometimes...wouldn't be SO NICE to have cheat codes in certain situations. Knowing EXACTLY what to say to get the girl or guy, knowing EXACTLY what to say in a job interview, knowing EXACTLY what to say to sell something to a client. Don't you feel it would take way from life...in the same way cheat codes take away the fun and sometimes the purpose of the video game. Having the cheat codes to life would mean...any girl/guy, any job, any THING in life...and it kinda makes me ask myself what's the point in living...there's no growth, no failure, no learning...because you know the outcome. I know life gets hard sometimes...a lot of the times. But that's what makes it worth living y'feel? Someone told me that uncertainty is a part of life. The next step...there's always uncertainty. That hit me really hard...no matter what you do, once you jump over one hurdle, there's another one waiting for you. Uncertainty, tests, obstacles, hurdles...are all a part of life...it's what pushes us, helps us grow, teaches us, shapes us and makes us (hopefully) better people. So yeah, that's just what I wanted to share with y'all right now...see you in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment