WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

CHASING THE SKY

Day 9/31

Here's a little something I wrote for an event at my church, it's something that I've been struggling with...chasing everything in this life but God...so yeah, here it is.

Dear God I'm always asking why
Why am I chasing all these things that never satisfy 
Why do I tell myself you're good but then I doubt your plan 
Why is this life something that seems so hard to understand 
I've been chasing all the things in this life but you 
But I'm supposed to give up everything because you want me to 
God my heart is real heavy, it feels like you don't get me 
I pray to you but sometimes it just feels like you neglect me 
See deep down I know you're good, you want the best for me 
The difficult times in my life serve as a test for me
Sometimes I'm crying out and I don't think you hear me 
The times I really need you, I don't feel you near me 
That's when I realize that I've been pushing you away 
Turning my back to you and brushing off the things you say 
I feel I only come to you when life becomes a mess 
That's when I see how good you are cuz God you never left 
Sometimes my faith gets shaky, having some doubts lately 
Wondering if God really has my back to put it plainly 
But man he does, in fact he always has 
His love and grace is something I can never truly grasp 
God I know that you're enough, why I am still searching 
I know your love runs deep why am I still hurting 
God I know you see the brokenness inside of me 
In the darkness, you're the light that's always guiding me 
I know you're working real hard to break the pride in me 
I take for granted how much you really provide for me 
God you somehow always find a way to speak to me 
Your words keep breaking down my walls and sinking deep in me 
I know this life is hard but God you're always there for me 
The good and bad that I endure is cuz you care for me 
While I've been chasing earth things, you've been pursuing me 
That's how I stand before you now as the man you see 

No comments:

Post a Comment