WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Same Answers, Different Solutions

You know when you're struggling or when you don't know what to do...you go to your friends right...or you go to people you trust for advice. But here's the thing with advice...different people will tell you different things...and also, different pieces of advice are different for each person and each situation. That's kinda what sucks sometimes about getting advice...you get differentiating opinions and perspectives. For me at least...when I'm really stumped...I lean heavily on that advice...it weighs heavily on my decisions and actions. But again, when you go to like 5 different people and get 5 different pieces of advice, you can see how that creates a dilemma. Say if I'm going through a problem and I go to person 1 and they tell me to do this...I go ahead and do it and I'm like oh true. Then I go talk to person 2 and they tell me no, no, no...don't do that...do this, then I go ahead and do this...repeat for persons 3, 4 and 5. See how that kinda poses a problem? I dunno man..when I really don't know what to do...that advice and perspective kinda becomes my own. But I guess I'm kinda learning and kinda being taught that despite the advice that you might be receiving...you're the one who ultimately has to make the decision, take those steps. The advice is just...there, you're not obligated to follow it word for word, you can take pieces that you agree with it, but it doesn't have to become your perspective. Sometimes, you have your own decision or perspective in mind...but it gets changed because you've gone to so many people for advice you kinda forget what you originally wanted to do. Man...it sucks. Every person, every situation, every circumstance is different...in the same way, reading an article about someone who's going through the same or a similar situation as you can be hella helpful or not because everybody is different. The same thing that worked for one person might not work for you, you know. It's like a math question...2 might get the same answers, but they might have solved it differently...dang, I literally just thought of that analogy and I actually really like it. Ultimately, we all have some sort of finish line that we hope to get to...we're all going to get to some sort of finish line, I hope...but each of us is going to get there differently...some slower and some faster than others...each enduring different things. I guess this is me to you, but also a good reminder to myself...that advice is there to help, but you don't have to take it word for word. Like those candies or chocolates restaurants leave at the waiting area...you don't have to take it, it's there if you need or want it. Sorry, I just really like giving analogies and they're all hitting me all at once right now lol. Yeah I dunno...wasn't even sure what I was gonna talk about today...then this kinda just popped into my head...isn't it funny how that works sometimes? See y'all soon, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment