WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Today....

Hey...so today at church was my second week helping out my friend teaching grade 4-6 Sunday school. The first week, I was just chilling, doing little things so he could teach and I was kinda shy/nervous and real uptight since it was my first time. Towards the end I started opening up myself a bit more to the kids and being more assertive, most of the time I was just giving tips and hints to my friend cuz he's a shy and quiet guy. Anyways, today...I did a bit more, helped him out and just really connected and chilled with the kids. It really hit me today that...they're kids...they just wanna have fun you know, I was in that exact same position when I first came to church. So that's what I was telling my friend, yeah it's good that they learn at an early age...but you can't be majorly serious with them. I was telling him, they're just kids you know. Once you open up to them, they'll open up to you and sometimes you just gotta take what you have, run with it and have fun. If you aren't having fun or setting a positive environment, they'll notice. But yeah, today I was def more interactive with the kids, chilling, playing with them and just talking and getting to know them...they were def hesitant the first week when I came, but now they're mad cool, cracking jokes, jumping on me all that stuff....I was real happy. But yeah man...the main key is to just have fun with it....teach them, sing songs, read the bible...but just have fun with it.

Another thing I found interesting that I forgot to mention last week was one of the girls left the room with this guy and a girl, she came back crying and real pissed. The other 2 came back snickering and guilty...so I went up to the girl and I'm like what's up, what's wrong...with tears running down her eyes, she's like...nothing. I'm liek...really now...nothing's wrong...you just cry for fun. Basically I found it crazy that even at that of a young age...all girls are exactly the same....well most girls, don't wanna offend y'all...girls are just like that, even though you can see that they are clearly upset and it shows...they'll be liek nothing's wrong...on the outside, it seems like they want you out of their face...and partially they do....but deep down inside, I know and I'm just so sure...that they're hoping that you're be persistent and continue asking them what's wrong. When someone pushes people away, that's when they need somebody the most..but they're afraid, so you have to take initiative to do it yourself. It's crazy that at this age and at her age...she would be teaching me a lesson....that's crazy lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment