WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Matthew 7:1-5 (ESV)

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgement you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own? Or how can you say to your brother, let me take the speck out of your eye, when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

I was watching a video and stumbled across this verse...and it really hit a nerve with me. This is something I definitely struggle with, but also something that annoys me greatly when I see it in others. I find myself doing it a lot, where it's like I don't practise what I preach. Where I can give all this advice and knowledge but can't put it to use myself. Or sometimes I'm quick to judge people without recognizing my own flaws. But as well, I feel like people have been doing the same to me...more so as of late especially...I feel like as of late, everyone's eyes are fixed upon me and are like watching everything that I do and or say and are waiting for me to slip up so they can point it out. When you're correcting someone or pointing out a flaw or mistake...are you doing it out of love? I'm not talking to anyone in particular, but I'm also referring to myself. When you correct someone or point out their mistake...what is your purpose for doing so...is out out of love and because you genuinely care for the person...or because of pride...that you think you're better than them and stuff. This is something I definitely struggle with as well and something I'm definitely still working on and these verses were just definitely a good reality check for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment