WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, February 08, 2013

Acquaintances, Peers, Friends, Best Friends...

Hey what's good guys...y'all know I live in Canada, specifically Toronto and we had a crazy snowstorm today...hope all of y'all out there are safe and warm. Anyways, so was talking to my friend today...about elementary school and high school and stuff...I've known him for that long...just talking about the people we used to talk to, but don't really talk to anymore. It made me think of all the friendships I had in school...the ones that I lost and the ones that I still keep. There are always a few people I still think about...people that I told everything too and vice versa...we were that close...but after high school, they went off to university and we didn't keep in contact, I don't know why...we just, stopped talking...like the only reason we talked or stayed in contact in the first place was cuz we went to school and saw each other. But then I feel hopeful when I think of the people who I was close with in high school who went off for university, but we still talk and chill whenever they're back...some closer than others, but the fact that we still keep in contact is great. The fact that I still keep in contact on a daily basis and chill with my high school crush means a lot to me. Then I think about the friendships that I brought with me to university...the kids I've known since elementary and high school...these people have a super special place in my heart, whether we're still close or not close anymore, regardless these people mean the world to me, because we've been through it all. I really cherish the friendships that I still have and continue to keep even to this day...that's just crazy to think I've known some of the people I still talk to since like high school or elementary school...almost 10 years and some even 10 years plus. But yeah...this just got me thinking to the friendships I have today...and in which categories will they fall under in say 5 years...or even 10 years? Will we still be close friends...will we have drifted apart and severed our communication ties...will we only talk and chill here and there? It made me think of each and every relationship I have with everyone that popped into my head at that time...it's scary...to think your best friend right now...might now be your best friend in 5 years...or someone who you're just kinda cool with could be your best friend in 5 years you know...think about...your best friend now...how did you meet? Were you best friends right away? If not, how did you become best friends? I have a lot of friends I used to hate back in the day, but now we're super close...or back in the day I'd never see myself chilling with certain people that I am chilling with today..it's crazy lol. I don't really know where I'm going with this...just really thinking and evaluating all the friendships and relationships in my life atm I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment