WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Family...

What's good, so you guys always know how I'm really big on like TV families who are really close and can talk and stuff and like have board game nights or like picnics and stuff. Sometimes I get jealous and wish I had a family like that you know. It wasn't until I had a conversation with a friend a few weeks ago about having dinner and he's like yeah me and my fam don't have dinner together, only on like special occasions. Even when we're all home, we'll all eat at like different times, whenever we're hungry, and even then we'll bring it to the TV or to the computer, etc...we hardly ever eat together. And I was like wow...that was shocking to me...cuz me and my fam always eat dinner together, it's just natural for us. And I guess I take it for granted sometimes...what brought this up was a TV show I was watching. How sometimes, something feels so good or is so natural and becomes so routine that we take it for granted...and sometimes something feels so good that we think something has to be wrong and we begin nitpicking the smallest things. I'm so lucky and happy to be able to spend time and have dinner with my family every night...and just talk and laugh and stuff, I'm so thankful. Yet I'm nitpicking that we don't have like boardgame nights and stuff like that...when I should be glad we always eat dinner together when some people aren't lucky or simply choose not to do that. I guess in that situation and in any situation in life, you shouldn't be looking at the negatives and how you can make it better...but instead look at the positives and be thankful for how great it is. Really cherish the circumstances you're in and be thankful for all the blessings you have in your life because as unsatisfied as you are and as much as you want to have more...someone else would be so grateful to be in your shoes...appreciate what you have right, before time makes you appreciate what you had...true.

No comments:

Post a Comment