WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, November 10, 2011

From The Heart: Parents

It's been a while since I've done one of these...but that's cuz it really does come from the heart....

Dear Mom and Dad,

Words will never be able to express how much I love and appreciate you guys. You guys are not like typical asian parents. You never asked for A's...you only asked for me to try my hardest and for me to do my best. If I came home and brought an F....you wouldn't get mad, you'd ask me why....because you told me that it's possible to understand the information but still get the answer wrong, that the answer wasn't the most important thing, but the fact that you understood what they were teaching you. They never got on my back for not getting A's...but they would be proud of me when I did...they always supported me and all they asked was that I tried my best. Even when I got a B...they'd be so proud and happy of me....they'd tell me they'd be satisfied with whatever I brought home, as long as I tried my hardest and I myself was happy with it. That alone made me always want to do good in life and get A's just for them. It's really cliche to say this, but my parents work so hard...harder than any other parents. In my eyes at least. My parents work hard to put food on the table, clothes on our backs, pay the bills, etc...they sleep really late and wake up really early...it's a habit for them...they just beast through it. When me or my brother go out they always stay up until we come home, no matter how late we are....they don't get mad...they're thankful we came home safely. Sometimes it gets annoying that they always ask where we're going and who we're going with...but it's only because they care and they want to know where I am at all times and that I'm safe and not doing something dumb. When I leave the house, they always watch me or watch the car pull away if someone is driving me...not cuz they're suspicious of what I'm doing...but because they care about me. The simple things they tell me everytime I take for granted...are really words of wisdom. Things like don't play the music so loud when you're in the car, wear your seatbelt...common things you'd think you'd do but sometimes you don't. Your parents have been on this earth waaaay longer than you and have buckets upon buckets more experience than you do....yeah they lived in the olden days so their thinking is more old fashioned....but they still know what's better for you than you do. They see things 5 steps ahead of you while you only see things 1 day ahead...when you do something, they think of all possible scenarios that could happen because they don't want nothing to happen to you. To your parents...you're the most important thing in this world...you mean the world to them. Why do you think they work so hard...sleep so little...to do everything in their power to make sure that when they pass away, you can live an easier life. My parents work so hard, so many hours, tire themselves out...NOT to make sure we're living a good life now...but they're doing all this to make sure me and my brother live an easier life when they're gone. They don't want us to have to work as hard...they're trying to provide everything in the future not right now. They once told me that when we're gone, we want you to love and care for each other, to share everything we're going to leave for you, to have this house to live in. You guys are brothers, when we're gone, you're going to have to look out for one another and watch out for each other. Yeah my brother is 8 years older than me, but we get along heck of a lot greater than a lot of other siblings do. My parents friends are always soooo surprised when they say me and my bro are 8 years apart but yet we get a long so well cuz they say that's a big age gap. But yeah anyways....my parents are working to make our lives good right now...but they're also preparing for the future....they know their time could be up any second...and they're trying to squeeze in as much knowledge into our heads as we can...and I'm just starting to really appreciate that. My dad would always say his dad (my grandfather) was one of the wisest men ever and that most of the things he knows, he learned from him. At the dinner table my grandfather would always tell stories or just lecture my dad and my uncles and aunts...and my dad would say that his brothers and sisters (my uncles and aunts) would not really pay attention or eat fast and dip...but my dad would always stay and listen to everything my grandfather would have to say because it was just so interesting and he wanted to cherish every minute he had with his dad. My dad does the same...every night at the dinner table, my whole family has dinner together...and as use to it as we get...I love spending that time together with my fam...home cooked meals and hearing my parents talk about random things. I think my dad is one of the wisest people ever and I've learned so much from him. Even when my friends come over you can ask them...my dad shares stories and lectures them as well...and a lot of them think he's really wise too. My dad was a boss in sports when he was my age...he has all these trophies and everything...he was in the army....he boxed...he was amazing. And my mom....omg....when I went back to Singapore and my grandfather and uncles and aunts showed me all these old pics of when my rents were kids to when they got married...holy....my mom wsa beautiful....she was in a beauty pageant...and she won....damn. This post says parents, but it's more about family I guess...I love my family to death....through fights, arguments, disagreements...nothing can break that bond of family. We care about each other so much....my parents love me and my brother so much. They sacrifice so much for us...they're willing to make their lives harder to make ours easier right now and in the future....I'll never be able to appreciate them fully...all I know is that I want to be those kinds of parents...who loves their kids to death and puts their needs and their goals and dreams ahead of my own. Cuz that's what family is about....sacrifice...and love....that when you love your kids or parents a lot....you don't mind sacrificing a bit of time...a bit of money...a bit of whatever...to make them happy, etc....I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment