WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, December 21, 2020

Stop Playing Games

Funny story, so I started writing a post about something completely different but wasn’t really liking how it sounded and also didn’t really know how to finish it so I saved it for later and now I’m writing about something else lol. So I was thinking about this old conversation I had with a friend, for some context…I was seeing this girl, she had ghosted one of my messages and it had been like 4 or 5 days. We were on really good terms, consistent and back and forth conversation then she kinda just went ghost and I was lowkey freaking out, wasn’t sure what to do. So anyways, was talking to my friend and I was like so what should I do? Do I just wait for a response, then probably like wait the same amount of time to respond to her? Do I double text her to check up on her and see if everything is okay? My friend was like well what do you want out of this, especially being in the early stages of talking, this really sets the foundation moving forward. She’s like if you wanna play games, then it’s gonna keep going back and forth, she takes this long to respond so you take the same amount of time or longer. Or you can be straight up and just show your cards, tell her how you feel and let her know your intentions. Now maybe it’s a guy thing, but there was a thought that passed in my head that’s like well if I double text it means like I’m desperate and in a sense she has “the power”. My friend was like bto, if you keep playing games this is just gonna keep going on and on, she was like if you just lay it out on the table, double text, if she doesn’t respond or even if she does respond and says she’s not bout it, at least you have your answer and you can move forward rather than continuing to waste your time. And I was like damn, you’re right…the quicker I kinda lay my cards on the table, the quicker I can either move on or we can keep building the relationship. So continuing the story, I double texted and reached out to her and she was going through some things but she was super appreciative that I cared and stuff. But anyways, not the point here…isn’t it crazy the idea of having to play games with the opposite gender. Like I hate small talk and I hate games, but you have to do both in order to get things going. There was definitely times in my life where I was like welp she took 4 hours to respond, gotta chill for at least 4 hours before I hit her with a response LOL but yo that’s such an immature way to think. Now I’m just like man if you msg me and I’m beside my phone or whatever, I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible. But even then I’m still pretty bad with replying, I’ll read messages and genuinely forget LOL. Also sucks that the past 2 girls I dealt with legit took forever to respond, one was a teacher so we’d literally just send one long message to each other everyday just replying to everything the other person said. The other girl was legit Casper, a ghost LOL, she would disappear for days on days and every so often I’d just double text and be like oh is everything good? I keep thinking back to what my friend said about if you play games it’ll just keep going, whereas when you’re upfront you get a direct answer and you can proceed accordingly. I think I’m definitely at a point in my life where I don’t want and don’t feel a need to play games cuz it’s literally a waste of time LOL. I get the game, I respect, I understand that to a certain degree it’s necessary…but at the same time it’s like, why can’t people just be straight up and genuine with their intentions. Like if you’re bout it, let’s move forward…if you’re not, let’s cut it…or if it’s like not serious and something casual then lemme know and I can decide whether that’s what I want too or cut it and look for something else.

Sorry, so I kinda stepped away for like an hour and lost my train of thought lol…I guess anything and everything depends on perspective. My perspectives and opinions have certainly changed over time and as I’ve gotten older because what I’m looking for and my intentions and have also changed as well. So I guess this whole idea of “playing games” really depends on who you are, what you’re looking for and what you’re trying to gain as well. That’s all I really wanted to say lol, I had a different post planned but kinda got sidetracked, then got sidetracked again and lsot this train of thought lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment